2007 Toyota Tundra engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tundra:

2007 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments (Page 3 of 3)

Mar 152007

I just noticed others had complaints about this issue too on your site. I brought it to the attention of the dealer and they had no fix except to remove one or the other although the standard clip does not work well with their mudder mats. I was entering the highway from the ramp and pressed down to accelerate to move into traffic and the truck accelerated as hard and fast as it could. I found myself having to weave through traffic like I was in a nascar race. When I finally found a clear path to the shoulder I swerved onto it and shut the truck off. It would not slow down and I could not shift into neutral. I had to be going about 60 at the top of the onramp and well over 100, probably faster, when I finally was able to shut it off. I got out of the truck to take a break and calm down and upon returning to the truck I noticed that the "mudder mats" I bought from a Toyota site slipped forward enough to wedge itself under the gas pedal. I stay aware of the position of the mat more frequently now and keep it slid back but there is no restraint for it that will go thru both the floor liner that protects more of the floor area and the mudder mat on top of it. I bought both at the Tundra parts site. I hope that there will be some warning for others made big and dramatic enough to bring attention to this problem to avoid having this happen to another. I was very lucky to have survived this.

- North Port, FL, USA

Jan 232009

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. While driving approximately 35 mph on a sandy road, the accelerator pedal extended to the floor without assistance. Suddenly, the vehicle accelerated aggressively and forcefully at 70 mph. When the brake pedal was depressed, there was no response. The contact shut off the ignition while the vehicle was in operation in order to come to a complete stop. The driver inspected the vehicle and started the ignition. The vehicle resumed to normal operation. The failure occurred without warning. The vehicle was taken to two different authorized dealers for inspection, but they could not duplicate the failures. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 28,400 and current mileage was 28,800.

- Freeport, TX, USA

Jan 102008

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Toyota 2007 Tundra twice accelerated uncontrollably due to a stuck accelerator on the factory floor mats, which are a very thick rubber and don't come with safety clips. Mat was moved back but fear it may slide forward again.

- Tucson, AZ, USA