2007 Toyota Tundra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Tundra:

2007 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Dec 092014

Tundra 8-cyl

I recently purchases a used 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab from a private party. I test drove the vehicle on ac pavement with no major issues, but upon purchasing and driving on my typical freeway commute traveling at normal speeds (55-70mph) it shakes violently. The shaking resonated at one point so violently that I lost control of the vehicle and had to drastically slow down to regain control. I am fearful of my safety and that of any passengers, especially my children. I have subsequently found forum information online that speaks to this "bed bounce" problem, and a relevant tsb from Toyota. However, I cannot find an official tsb from Toyota online or a genuine fix to the problem. Please help because I feel like I just bought a vehicle that is not safe to drive, and needless to say very angry that Toyota has not addressed this problem in full.

- Spring Valley, CA, USA

Jul 072014

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that the rear driver side leaf spring was fractured. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic who stated that the leaf spring needed to be repaired. The vehicle was repaired and the manufacturer was not notified. The approximate failure mileage was 60,000.

- Lynn , MA, USA

May 092013

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated while driving 45 mph there was a roaring noise in the rear of the vehicle. There were no warning lights illuminated on the instrument panel. There were four new tires replaced on the vehicle; however, the failure recurred. The manufacturer was notified but did not provide a remedy. The dealer diagnosed the failure as a faulty rear axle shaft bearing. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 57,790.

- Jackson, GA, USA

May 202010

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that while driving at various speeds, the vehicle began to shake violently while braking. The vehicle was taken to a dealer for diagnosis and the contact was informed the backing plate would need to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The vehicle had not been repaired. The failure and current mileage was 108,000. Updated 7/10/13

- El Dorado Hills, CA, USA

Jun 032010

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

2007 Toyota Tundra. Consumer states cruise control does engage and then will not disengage brakes. The consumer stated the brakes would not hold at stop signs and the vehicle would move forward. The vehicle had electrical shorts in the wiring such as; the headlights, clock, cigarette lighter, alarm and door locks. The seat belts would not always latch. The windshield wipers would not activate, there was a severe shake coming from the front of the vehicle as well as when the brakes were applied. There was a noise coming from the 4-wheel drive, the steering would act erratic and the accelerator pedal became stuck which caused the consumer to have an accident while backing out of his driveway..

- Bigelow, AR, USA

Mar 012007

2007 crewcab shakes rattles and vibrates so violently that it feels as though it may fall apart, the dashboard becomes a blur, it is absolutely unacceptable and after numerous call to Toyota customer service, nothing has been done.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jul 262007

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra double cab short bed truck. The truck has a reoccuring resonating bounce when driving on concrete roads between 70 and 80 mph. The bounce is extremely uncomfortable and can become severe. Only a dramatic change in speed will stop the bouncing. Several on line forums are calling this problem "bed bounce"

- Fort Collins, CO, USA

Mar 102010

2007 Toyota Tundra dual cab limited with 6' bed. Ride is fine except when driving at highway speeds on concrete highways with regularly-spaced expansion joints. Continuous problem. Truck resonates at this speed and results in choppy ride. Significant vibration throughout frame, not translated through steering wheel, and occurs regardless of load, although it is more pronounced when empty.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Jun 122007

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra 4X4. While driving 55 mph, the contact noticed a very noticeable bouncing sensation coming from the rear of the vehicle. The failure occurs when the speed exceeds 55 mph and began weeks after the vehicle was purchased brand new. The vehicle becomes disconnected with the road. The dealer stated that they were not aware of the situation and could not locate any failures; however, they suggested that the tires could have been the cause of the failure. The contact believed that the suspension caused the vehicle to bounce up and down violently. Through research, he discovered several complaints regarding this issue. The vehicle has not been repaired. The failure and current mileages were 19,600.

- Commerce City, CO, USA

Sep 092008

I just purchased an 07 Toyota Tundra limited 2wd pickup truck. While driving on any cement freeway (especially those in southern California (101 ventura)), I experienced a "bed bounce" that was so severe, I almost lost control of the vehicle. This loss of control occurred at speeds ranging from 60mph to 75mph. I contacted Toyota regarding this problem and they confirmed it is a problem with the Tundra trucks but are not working on any fixes. This answer is unacceptable. I am unable to drive this vehicle on "cement" freeways because of the lack of control. Toyota is unwilling to do anything about it.... I have no other option but to file this complaint with you.

- Clovis, CA, USA

Mar 122007

Unsafe bed bounce-Tundra 2007.

- Dana Point, CA, USA

May 162007

Tundra 8-cyl

I have a 2007 Toyota Tundra crewmax. When driving on concrete freeways the bed of the truck bounces very very bad worse than any other truck I have ever ridden in. I sometimes feel unsafe like maybe its bouncing so much that it could be dangerous if I need to stop suddenly. I don't think the tires come off the ground but the vibration is so bad that talking becomes difficult.

- La Mesa, CA, USA

Jan 202008

Tundra 8-cyl

On several occasions while driving at highway speeds on concrete surface, I have experienced severe vehicle shaking on my new 2007 Toyota Tundra. Upon investigating this I have noted many other owners experiencing this same problem and calling it Tundra bed bounce. I have taken the vehicle to two different dealers. Neither dealer would acknowledge a problem or offer any solutions. One of the dealers suggested I add about 200 pounds of weight to the bed of the truck to try to improve the ride. I contacted Toyota customer experience center to complain of this problem and was given a case file number. Their representative informed me that Toyota has received many complaints but at this point in time they are doing nothing to correct this defect or problem. This is completely unacceptable and a potential safety hazard to anyone on the road.

- Glendora, CA, USA

Oct 122007

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that his vehicle vibrates while driving between 60-70 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for a diagnosis on October 12, 2007, in which two wheels were rotated and balanced. The dealer's invoice did not specify whether the front or rear wheels were balanced. The vehicle was taken back to the dealer several times, because the vibration persists. In addition, both exterior mirrors have a sharp plastic edge and the contact's forehead was cut while vacuuming the vehicle. The dealer was unable to correct the vibration and felt that the contact being injured by the mirror edge was humorous. The manufacturer took a report, but did not offer any assistance. The current mileage was 17,800 and failure mileage was 2,400. Updated 6/2/08

- Beaumont, TX, USA

Sep 202007

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I purchased a newly redesigned 2007 Toyota Tundra in September 2007. The truck experiences severe "bed bounce" every time I drive on new sections of concrete highway/interstate. It is so severe that I have left the Tundra in the garage and been driving one of my other cars. Toyota is aware of the problem and many (# unknown) have filed complaints with their customer service group. There are several Tundra owner forums on the internet with details from owners. Google :"Tundra bed bounce" and you will see.

- Monument, CO, USA

Jun 232007

Bed bounce!!!

- Van Nuys, CA, USA

Mar 052008

Tundra 8-cyl

Truck has extreme vibration, bounce and overall shake at freeway speeds as felt throughout the vehicle. This combined with the very light steering and accelerator effort leads to a very unstable feeling of not being in control of the vehicle. It is difficult to maintain even and steady accelerator pressure and steering direction. Dealership has rotated and balanced tires and performed alignment, but has made zero difference. Dealership has made 3 attempts so far to fix. I have been told Toyota is working on the issue.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Oct 242007

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Noticed an excessive vibration at highway speeds in the steering wheel and seat. When drivers sunvisor was swung over to side window it shook like crazy, as a visual indication! dealership service department told me that Toyota is aware of this but there is no fix for it. After making a complaint with management at the dealership they attempted to balance the tires and perform an alignment. This did not help. I was also told to put weight in the bed. This did not help. Shop foreman called this the "Tundra bounce" after he drove it and confirmed my complaint. After three attempts with the dealership to fix the problem I have contacted Toyota to start the arbitration process.

- Reno, NV, USA

Mar 012007

Tundra 8-cyl

Excessive bouncing on freeways speeds 45-70 some worse than others (91freeway East around corona, ca )is good example of the bounce I have had trucks all my life so some bounce is understandable. When I took it to the dealer in March 07 they told me Toyota was aware of the problem and was trying to figure out a solution in January 08 I contacted Toyota through there web site and they replied they had no complaints about this problem. May be they fixed it since then on the 08 but this is more than a little bounce. Bouncing like it dose what's going to happen when I have to come to fast stop ?and the extra vibration can't be go fortunately I don, T have a infant. Please check into this but use one of the earlier 2007 like I said I have driven pickups all my life and can't tell you how bad the bouncing gets I will be happy to let you drive my truck.I am very disappointed that the dealer keep putting me off saying Toyota is aware off the problem and then Toyota saying they are unaware of the problems and have had no complaints.

- Encino, CA, USA

Dec 302007

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Tundra. While driving approximately 70 mph, the vehicle vibrated excessively to the point where the accelerator pedal bounced up and down on the contact's foot. The failure was most noticeable while driving on freeways. The manufacturer stated that they were aware of the failure, but could not provide a solution. Through research and professional consultations, the failure was determined to be the harmonic vibration caused by the expansion joints. The contact filed a formal complaint with the manufacturer. The failure mileage was 200 and current mileage was 209.

- Northridge, CA, USA