2.5

2008 Toyota Tundra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Tundra:

2008 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

May 142015

Tundra

Leaf springs giving out, never put half of the max weight capacity, called Toyota they told me nothing they can do and they stand behind their product even though I personally know someone that had theirs repaired at no charge Toyota would not fix it for free if they did not know the product was bad and faulty. Noise coming from front end of vehicle while driving between 10 to 30 mph. I was told needed entire new front end, and other components for the repair. I did not know Toyota did not care about the public so much to let unsafe vehicles to be out on the road. Cannot drive vehicle until these repairs are done for worry of safety for me and my family.

- Hudson, MA, USA

Mar 232012

Tundra 8-cyl

Receive P2440 and P2441 codes for secondary air injection pump failure.

- Georgetown, TX, USA

Jul 202011

Tundra

The engine check light came on and the engine went into limp mode, which reduces engine power making it dangerous to drive. The check engine light came on from the emissions valve set failing. When repaired by dealer they also discovered a cracked manifold. This emissions valve set failure seems to be very common on 2008 Tundra and is very expensive to repair. To my surprise the manifold was cracked and that is a very expensive repair and may have contributed to the emissions valve set failure. Toyota should recall their emissions valve set and redesign it so it does not fail, and is less expensive to replace, and finally they should not program the engine to go into limp mode if this failure occurs, as it can cause you to lose power while driving in various conditions that require power to get off the road safely.

- Youngsville , NC, USA

Jun 092009

Tundra

Heat/a.C/ventilation system allows rodents to enter from engine compartment into the ductwork inside the vehicle meaning all air consumed by occupants is laced with rodent feces/excrement which is unhealthful for occupants to breathe and in some conditions will lead to death via antivirus.

- Boulevard, CA, USA

Jun 042008

Tundra

I purchased my 2008 Tundra in March of 2008. After have the truck for 30 days, I noticed scratches in the paint. I took my truck down to the dealer, and they wanted me to pay $700 to put simoniz on my paint. I was not going to pay if there was a paint problem with my 2008 Tundra. Every time I washed my truck more and more scratches started showing up. I started waxing the paint to remove them, but they keep appearing. I contacted Toyota, and they said to take it to the service manager. I took it to the service manager and he said he could not do anything until the Toyota rep looked at it. I waited until the rep was in town, and I took it to him. The Toyota rep said he could see that my paint was scratching but he did not see that it was a warranty item. He said since the paint is not bubbling, peeling or falling off that it is not a warranty item. Plus he said since my paint is scratching from an external source that Toyota would not warranty it. They would not get a professional to look at it, and would not allow an independent paint professional to look at it. They said I could take it to whomever I wanted but they would not accept whatever they found. Toyota has a paint problem, but they will not do anything about it. I am not alone... we have started a petition on line, but it really will not have any affect unless someone bigger gets involved. friendsite.com/users/petitions/sign/content_petitioned-1_2007%2B+Toyota+Tundra%27S+paint+quality.html2B+Toyota+Tundra%27S+paint+quality.html.

- Billings, MT, USA