2008 Toyota Tundra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Tundra:

2008 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Mar 072008

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Toyota Tundra 4WD truck with standard rims (steel) and Michelin tires. While driving interstate 80 at speed (fast lane) the entire truck began shaking. It was as bad as having a flat tire. I have a great deal of experience driving off road and I handled the problem without incident but I suspect many drivers would be frightened/panicked enough to result in an theory is the truck when driven at certain speeds on certain surfaces becomes unstable because of unfavorable harmonics which are generated by the suspension/tire/road surface interaction. I like the truck otherwise and intend to keep it but I think someone is going to lose their life or be seriously injured (if it has not happened already). Toyota may be liable and it would behoove Toyota to be proactive in this regard. The salesperson I spoke with at magnussens dealership in auburn California (glenn tuccinardi) assured me this would not be a problem given my standard rim size at the time I bought the vehicle. I knew there was a vibration/instability problem on some Tundra before I bought it based on websites I visited which is why I raided the question at the time of the sale. Glenn tuccinardi assured me that happened only on Tundra with larger rims. He is incorrect.

- Gold River, CA, USA