2.5

2010 Toyota Tundra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tundra:

2010 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 132016

Tundra

I bought a 2010 Toyota Tundra new. I recently noticed significant rust in the bed of my truck. After some research I discovered that the rust is also in the frame of my truck. I have found that there are multiple cases of Toyota trucks with this same issue. There have been recalls and class action lawsuits filed against Toyota for this same problem. However my model and year are not included in these. I took the truck to Toyota and they said yes this is a problem we know about however youre out of the 5 year warranty period and we will not cover the damage. The problem with the warranty period is that the start of the issue is completely hidden and there's no way to know you have a problem until it's too late and you're out of warranty. The frame of my truck is quite rusted and will cause safety issues in the near future. There are two distinct rust spots in the bed where the frame attaches to it. The one spot which is worse actually has a hole in the metal bottom of the bed. I can't get pictures of the frame of the truck but I did include pictures of the two rust spots in the bottom of the bed. The two spots are located toward the cab and are in the same spot of the bed but on opposite sides. I live in a very dry climate so flooding and humidity are not the cause of this rust. You can tell from the location of the spots that this is a manufacturer defect.

- Littleton, CO, USA

Dec 032014

Tundra

There is an electrical problem that the right light bulb keeps going on and off unexpectedly. In addition, the bottom of the car has lots of rust, the tire pressure sensor is not working properly.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Nov 232015

Tundra

I was pulling out on road when all of a sudden my truck lit up and could barely get the truck to move out of the way from being rear ended. I took it to Toyota, said my aip pump is bad, $2150 to fix, Toyota should repair for free before I die driving

- New Berlin, WI, USA

Sep 222015

Tundra

The truck tailgate was noticed to have paint bubbling toward the bottom on the tailgate. Further inspection shows moderate rust on the inner lip of the bottom of the tailgate where two panels come together, and is noticable when it is in a lowered position. After calling Toyota corporate national customer service line and notifying them of the issue, I was asked if rust was on the frame. Further more, I was told there is no program they have to help with such an issue. I had not had the ability to inspect the frame and undercarriage at the time of the call, but upon ending of the call, was able to have a look at it. There is considerable rust on seems of the frame welds throughout the bottom and other areas.

- Newton, NC, USA

Sep 262010

Tundra

I purchased on 2010 Tundra double cab 4X4 with a 5.7 V-8 engine on August 1, 2010. On several occasions my 2010 Tundra has shut down while being driven. The first serious safety problem occurred on 08/26/2010 (1,097 miles) while being driven about 10-15 mph. The check engine light came on and the 4X4 lo and rsca lights were flashing while power was lost/reduced to engine/tranmission. On 8/27/2010, the selling dealer checked the connections after receiving codes C1201 and P060A and claimed the vehicle was fixed. The second time was on 09/26/2010 (2,312 miles) I was driving 55-60 mph when the lights came on as before and I lost/reduced power to the engine/transmission almost causing an accident. This time the a local dealer verified that code P060A returned and claimed the cause was a bad ECM processor. They replaced the ECM processor claiming the vehicle was fixed. The third time was on October 31, 2010, (2,480 miles) the vehicle was parked and being warmed up when the check engine light came on. I drove the vehicle then to see if it had the same problem with power loss to the engine. Again there was reduced power to the engine/transmission. Notified Toyota who had the vehicle towed in and they recovered code P1614. This time the dealer claimed the problem was the R&R air assembly stating this was the cause of the problem, replaced it and claimed they had fixed the problem. Toyota corporation and my local dealership both have been informed of this serious safety problem with the engine shutting down while driving. On 11/9/2010, the arbitration the board related that "there have not been an unreasonable number of repairs for the same nonconformity." Therefore, they denied my claim for a new vehicle. An engine shutting down/reduced power to the engine causing loss of control over the vehicle to me is a very serious safety problem.

- Woodbridge, VA, USA

Apr 072010

Tundra

Ltr on fwd fm (al) re displeasure with local Toyota dealership in processing recall fixes fm owner of a 2010 Toyota Tundra truck (reply directly to constituent cc: Montgomery, al ofc. The consumer wanted to know if the vehicles she and her husband own are on the recall list.

- Prattville, AL, USA

Oct 282009

Tundra

Toyota recall. I bought my 2010 Toyota Tundra in Oct. Of 2009 and still have not received any information from Toyota about the recall. I have learned through the web my Toyota is in fact recalled for two different problem but have yet to hear anything official.

- Cobb, CA, USA