2010 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Tundra:

2010 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jul 302014

Tundra 8-cyl

Body computer failed disabling the emergency flashers, turn signals, tach, speedometer, air bags, ABS, stability control, and rendering the truck's controller area network (can-bus) network unusable for normal and emergency needs. Engine would run, transmission would shift, but the safety features of the Tundra appeared to be disabled along with the flashers, turn signals, tach, and speedometer which were inoperative. I live near houston and Toyota has this part on backorder nationwide indicating this failure may be common with this and maybe other Tundra trucks. When the body computer fails the truck is unsafe to drive yet it can be driven!

- Pearland, TX, USA

Jun 102010

Tundra

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that the air bag warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified. The failure mileage was 87,847.

- Avondale, AZ, USA

Jun 132013

Tundra 8-cyl

Was struck side struck by a vehicle running a red light. My head struck the drivers side window, transported by fire & rescue to local hospital. Hospital diagnosis was a "closed wound concussion". other driver was charged on multiple counts. Mechanics that repaired my truck estimate the vehicle that hit me was travelling 40-45mph. My airbags did not deploy. Impact area on my truck was front driver side quarter panel and front left tire. Have viewed a side impact crash test for my make, model and year. In that test the airbags did deploy and the driver dummy hit head in exact location as I did. I would assume the crash test dummy would not have received a concussion due to the protection from the side airbag deployment. One of the reasons for my purchase of this vehicle was the safety aspect. The manufacturer marketed the airbag system as a key selling point. I did have my seat belt on at the time of the crash. I can provide police accident report, photos of both vehicles, repair detail for my truck and personal damage.

- Columbia, MD, USA