2011 Toyota Tundra brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tundra:

2011 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

May 012014

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Tundra. While driving approximately 60 mph, the ABS, check engine, and 4 wheel drive low sensor lights illuminated. The vehicle's speed suddenly reduced to approximately 30 mph. The vehicle was taken to the dealer where it was diagnosed that the air pump assembly unit was faulty. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was unknown. The failure mileage was 70,000.

- Chesapeake, VI, USA

Jun 192015

Noise in brakes when going slowly and turning right. Took to my mechanic he let me know this is happening to many 2007-2013 Tundra's and there is a service bulletin on it tsb0013-13 however it is not a recall yet so it is not covered by Toyota. To repair this problem they had to remove the old bearing assemblies, and replace both rear backing plates & bearings, front & back rotors, front & rear pads, which brought this to a grand total of $1,817.24. My mechanic and the mechanic from the Toyota dealer, where I purchased the truck, informed me that if this procedure was not done the brakes would eventually go out at some point. This is definitely a huge safety risk and I am not sure why this is not considered a recall yet. I urge Toyota to reconsider this problem and qualify it as a recall.

- Aspers, PA, USA

Mar 122015

My vehicle first had its wiring harness destroyed by a rodent of some sort a couple of weeks ago. After sending it to the repair shop and $7000 dollars later, I brought my truck home and everything worked fine. I tried many remedies to discourage the rodents from returning but nothing seems to deter them from the soy based insulation on my trucks wiring harness. I now have to send my truck back for repairs to the same wiring harness ($7000) as before, and also another wiring harness which will probably cost close to the same. How can Toyota get away with making insulation out of rodent food when these wires operate the ABS braking system? this practice not only puts a financial burden on the owner but also compromises their safety.

- Harrah, OK, USA

May 012011

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2011 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that while driving approximately 1 mph, he noticed a grinding noise from the front end of the vehicle. The vehicle would not accelerate and the brake pedal seized. The vehicle was taken to the dealer for diagnostic testing however, the technician was unable to diagnose the failure and stated that the anti-slip had activated, caused the throttle to disengage and the brakes to engage, which he stated was a characteristic of the vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. On a later date while the contact was driving 75 mph in inclement weather, the brakes engaged independently and caused him to crash into a ditch. The contact was not injured. The vehicle was not repaired. The approximate failure mileage was 40.

- Port Aransas, TX, USA

Aug 132011

Tundra 8-cyl

Bought truck new with 99 miles showing, testdrive pulled hard to right, extremely hard brought back to dealership 3 days later to perform its first alignment, they did several that day, more than 16 alignment at that dealership truck still tracks right, every dip in road, any bump, truck veers right, July 2012 I had lemon law proceeding, the man came out and didn't drive, just sat in pass seat, dealership had the truck overnight once in june2012 and once in July 2012 before to fix issue, which did get better, then was denied cause it is under warranty, truck had oil change around nov2012 and I complained again, about front end dog tracking, they said its normal and no fix needed, but the truck was fixed from dog tracking but not put in writing, still veers right, now this truck has had problems like major vibration, replaced driveshaft at 2500 miles, dealership replaced wheels twice trying to figure where its coming from, while braking it pulled hard to right and had to fight steering wheel, now this is from the start it could literally take the car out on the side of you, with a crown or no crown the pulling right is excessive, and was about 80 % worst but I want it fixed correctly, can anyone help me get this truck to roll straight, im at 21,900 miles, yes I have paper work.

- Port Richey, FL, USA

Dec 032012

I have a 2011 Tundra SR5 with a loud clicking noise that has been coming from the steering column near the shift lever. While in park, the brake pedal must be pressed in order to shift the truck into gear. When I press the brake pedal, a loud click can be heard from the column shifter. This is the column shift lockout solenoid and is normal. However, recently I can hear the solenoid clicking anytime I depress the brake pedal while I'm in gear. Sometimes it is a click, two clicks and sometimes it is series of rapid clicks. I have taken the truck to the dealer twice. The first time I was told the clicking was normal while in park and that they could not duplicate it while in gear. The second time I took it to the dealer, they "blew out the excess grease" from the shift lock. Their best explanation is that the column shift lock solenoid comes from the factory as a sealed unit and is packed with grease. The 'excess' grease can keep the locking arm from fully retracking or engaging and the solenoid will chatter because it is trying to put it into position.

- Mobile , AL, USA