5.3

2011 Toyota Tundra lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tundra:

2011 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jun 032012

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I got stopped and issued a $187 violation by the police in ca as my truck parking, (amber lights) were on during driving in the daytime. This truck is wired so the amber (parking light lens) are on when the engine is running so to the police it is the same as driving with parking lights on which is illegal under ca vc 24800 and most other states. This makes my vehicle illegal to operate as well as a safety issue because people do not know if the vehicle is moving or not (the very reason for parking lights). No country in the world allows amber parking lens to be used as daylight running lights. This is a safety issue and it also makes me libel to get stopped and ticketed every time I drive this vehicle in the daytime.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA