2011 Toyota Tundra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tundra:

2011 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

May 022016

Secondary air injection system switching valve stuck open bank 2. experienced P2442 code and all lights illuminated on dash. Truck was started on a cold morning when problem arose. Current mileage on truck is 44,253. Warranty for air injection pump system needs to be extended to newer model Tundra. There is a current warranty on 2007-2010 model Tundra.

- Jonesboro, ME, USA

May 072016

While driving on interstate, my truck suddenly became sluggish and would not accelerate. Check engine light came on with icon showing a car and traction bars. I drove straight to dealership. 3 hours later was told about a code 2440 which caused me to have to replace secondary air valves, pumps and new intake tube. Research indicates I am not the only one this has happened to but apparently only 2010 models have been covered. Total cost of repairs was about $2421 so far Toyota is refusing to acknowledge this has been an existing problem and stand behind their product. My truck had less than 90K miles and should not be experiencing this sort of major repairs at this mileage. The dealership representative proceeded to explain that my entire vehicle woud shut down and I would have even worse problems without an immediate repair. Being a 65 year old female, I was afraid to even drive to another repair shop so was basically scared into a major repair having to pay a lot of money on a limited income.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Apr 292016

My 2011 Toyota Tundra while it was being driven the engine light came on. It was driven to a nearby O' reilly's for a code check. The code was P0418 which is the air induction pump which is an emission's code. The truck then went into a limp mode while driving home on a busy city street which meant it would not accelerate over 35 mph. This is a very dangerous situation not having the ability to go any faster due to an emission's code putting the truck into a limp mode. After researching this problem I found out that Toyota has extended the warranty for this air injection pump for the 2007-2010 Tundra models. Toyota has refused to help cover the cost for this repair even though it is a known problem on Tundra. I read that the same faulty air pump which allows moisture to enter is still being used in my 2011 Tundra model. This is a $2,200 repair which Toyota should cover since it has occurred to their earlier models and mine as well. Not only is this a costly repair, but also a very dangerous situation when your vehicle is unable to accelerate on an emissions problem.

- Westlake, LA, USA

Feb 262016

The air induction pump (aip) on 2007-2010 are covered by an extended warranty up to 10 years due to failures. My 2011 Tundra, manufactured in 2010 has the exact same failure and the part is the exact same part that is being replaced on 2010's but it will costs me $2345 to have it repaired. Toyota knows it has a defective (aip) but refuses to cover the 2011's until enough consumers complain.

- Baton Rouge, LA, USA

Oct 272011

I bought this truck new, the door locks have never worked right.I have had the relay or motors that work the door locks fixed 6 or 7 times, and have one going bad now on the driver side front door. This will be the 3rd time for this door.they say they know they have a problem with these but will not do a recall on them.this is not the only model having trouble with this.I cant lock my truck some times this is a problem. Will any thing be done are will they keep putting faulty parts on my truck till something shorts out!!!!!!!!!!!

- Columbus, MS, USA

Sep 262015

While driving down the interstate the check engine light and traction control light came on and the vehicle loss engine power and began to slow. After I could not accelerate and it became unsafe for me to drive without the possibility of an accident occurring and possible injury or death, I pulled over and had to limp vehicle back home. Toyota refuses to fix it saying it only offers replacement on the 2007-2010 Toyota vehicles. The defective part number is the same on my 2011 as all the other Toyota but they stopped covering it in the later models. The dealer said they had to repair so many that at one time there was a 60 day backlog on parts. This is ridiculus and Toyota is risking the lives of those that drive their product. I will have to pay to fix this on top of what I paid for the vehicle. I will warn everyone I can reach to never buy a Toyota. Toyota has become a company of subpar customer support and deserves every class action suit they get filed against them. Whoever begins one on these failed air injection pumps count me in for the refund and the mental anguish of trying to get Toyota to stand behind their product!!! this could have cost me my life!!! unsafe!!!

- Sunset, LA, USA