2.6

2011 Toyota Tundra suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Tundra:

2011 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Sep 092014

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

Driving and noticed a strange sound coming from my truck. I stopped at a gas station and was told that my leaf spring was cracked. It actually was 2 springs that were cracked. There is no recall on my car at this time, but I have spoken to several mechanics who say this is highly unusual to happen and Toyota should be covering this. Of course, when I went to the Toyota dealership, they would not even look at the charge without charging over a $100 fee since the car was no longer under warranty. I am looking for some help into hoping having this covered by the manufacturer due to a factory problem and not a wear and tear issue.

- North Attleboro , MA, USA

Nov 012011

Tundra 4WD 8-cyl

I bought a 2011 Toyota Tundra crewmax, that was lifted and had different wheels and tires put on by the dealership prior to me purchasing the truck, around October of 2011. I found it to be slightly pulling left so I thought it needed an alignment done so call russel Toyota in catonsville and was told to drive for awhile to make sure and its not the roads. At about 2000 mile I call the dealership again and made an appointment to drop off the truck. A week later I dropped off the truck at the dealership for an alignment and metal noise coming from the front driver wheel area and was called back later that day to pick it up and bring it back when the weather was nicer so I picked up the truck. I got back from vacation and dropped off the truck at the dealership for alignment, noise from the front drivers wheel area, oil change. I was told it will take a day or more. I was call back by the dealership 4 days later saying the oil change was done but that the alignment problem was my fault because the company that lifted the truck saw scuff marks on the tires from hitting a curb. My service agent got the company to say they would fix the alignment. 3 days later the service agent from the dealership call me and said he couldn't get in contact with the other company but he did it at the dealership. They told me they could not duplicate the noise. I drove the truck and the alignment was worse than before so I call and was told to bring it back and leave it for a few days. I was concerned that they could not find the noise so I checked the front wheel area of my truck and found that the strut was broken so I kind of figure out it was the broken strut that was making my truck pull that direction and the metal noise was coming from there. Russel Toyota and the other company is trying not to take responsibility and put the blame on me and I am the victim.

- Columbia, MD, USA