2012 Toyota Tundra miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Tundra:

2012 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Jul 282015

Mirror control on instrument pa nel has no lights. Had to turn on cab lights to see the mirror controls.

- Washington, DC, USA

Oct 042012

Tundra 8-cyl

I was driving my 212 Tundra crewmax and when I reached a traffic light--red, I pressed the brakes and the truck started to pull up and the RPM's went high. Even when I pressed the brakes real hard it was still moving forward. I prompted to put the transmission in park and turned the engine off. Restarted it and shifted into drive, the truck pulled up real fast because the RPM's were high, but in about two or three seconds went to normal. Scared and very careful I drove it home, didn't do it anymore but I contacted my dealer's customers relations manager and he got tow it away from my home for its checkup. According to them, came up with nothing wrong with it and it is safe to drive. They said that they've hooked up a computer to it and the truck's computer did not register anything wrong or malfunction whatsoever. But it did happened. It wasn't my imagination and my concern is that it may happens again and I might not be able to control it or turn it off as I did this time. I might not be that lucky again and hurt myself or someone else. Might not be at a traffic light in red. And might even cause someone's death, or mine.

- Houston, TX, USA