9.7

2013 Toyota Tundra fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tundra:

2013 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Aug 012016

Tundra

When the engine starts it has a very noticeable knocking noise on the passenger side that never goes away. You put it in gear and you can really hear the engine knocking, and the knocking speeds up as you accelerate. Even after the engine warms up completely you can still hear it knocking(stationary, or in motion). Also my gas mileage is horrible! I average about 12.3mpg every tank. The best mpg I have ever seen is 13.4 mpg average which is ridiculous even for a full size truck. I always loved Toyota vehicles and ever since I was young I always wanted a Toyota truck because I thought they were the toughest out there, but after owning this 2013 Toyota Tundra I'm disgusted.

- Eudora, KS, USA

Mar 292013

Tundra

Incredibly poor mileage due to defective flex fuel engine. I have a brand new 2013 Toyota Tundra crewmax 4X4 flex fuel that is epa rate for 13/17. I have been consistently averaging 7.4 mpg city under very light throttle. Following a Toyota corporate esb I have already had the dealer reflash the ECU in an attempt to resolve this issue. The poor mileage remains.

- Garden City, NY, USA