2013 Toyota Tundra seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Toyota Tundra:

2013 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Aug 282014

Tundra

On 08/22/14, I had been to the local Toyota dealership to have my oil changed. I asked them to look at the brakes because there was a terrible vibration and the brakes have not stopped well since I bought the truck. They said the truck needed new brakes, rotors and pads all the way around. I was supposed to take it back on 08/29/14. On 08/28/14 while driving on a clear road with no rain or clouds I went to stop and I pushed the brakes to the floor with both feet and the truck did not stop and I hit another car. I have filed a complaint with Toyota and they finally ordered an inspector to get the black box from my truck. He has not called to schedule this and it is 3 weeks later. I have left message after message. I believe the brakes are faulty with the truck. There is no reason at 9000 miles on a new truck that it should need new brakes, rotors and pad all the way around. Now I am waiting on engineering analysis association to contact me to set up an inspection of my truck. No one is willing to help me get information, not Toyota and not eaa.

- Birmingham, AL, USA

Jul 272013

Tundra 8-cyl

The contact owns a 2013 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated that while depressing the brakes in an attempt to complete a turn, the vehicle failed to slow down and crashed into a nearby building. The air bags failed to deploy. The contact suffered from injuries to the head, neck and shoulders. In addition, the left side of the contact's body sustained severe injuries. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was towed to an authorized dealer. The manufacturer was not notified of the problem. The approximate failure mileage was 700. Updated 8/29/13 updated 09/11/2013

- Greenville, MS, USA