2014 Toyota Tundra body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Tundra:

2014 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Aug 012014

When I purchased my truck new and was on my way home I noticed a very small dent on the top side of my bed. I decided not to worry about it as it was barely visible nor did I want somebody to do bodywork to fix it. Longevity issues with after the fact body and paint work. Unfortunately as time went on and I was using my truck it started developing more dents on the top side of my bed. I now have 5 or more on each side. I have never hit the side of my bed with anything. Besides, all the dents are the same in appearance. Toyota says its my problem not theirs as it appears to be of an outside influence. I have seen other vehicles with the same problems as mine. Just not as bad. The truck is supposed to handle 1300 to 1800 lbs in the bed but when I load it with approximately 1,000 lbs it bottoms out over speed bumps. I think this is where the issues are coming from. The bed is flexing due to bad engineering and materials and causing ripples in the bed. Its unfortunate that I have to drive a brand new vehicle with dents and all they can say is its not there problem. I sent a certified letter to them dated March 18. Thanks for your help

- Sacramento, CA, USA

May 202014

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Tundra equipped with an a.R.E mx truck cap. The contact stated that a piece of glass on the trucks cap front end became loose and unlatched. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician was unable to determine the failure. The part was glued back into place. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure and the failure was deemed cosmetic. The failure mileage was 2,000. Updated 4/13/15 updated 4/21/15

- Washington, DC, USA

Sep 192014

The contact owns a 2014 Toyota Tundra. The contact stated while driving only 10 mph, she slightly crashed into the rear of another vehicle. The contact barely clipped the tail light of the other vehicle but the contact's vehicle crumbled on impact. The contact sustained unknown injuries which required medical attention. The contact's vehicle was destroyed. A police report was filed of the incident. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic but the cause for the drastic damage to the vehicle was not determined. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 1,689.

- Las Vegas, NV, USA