2015 Toyota Tundra wheels / hubs problems

wheels / hubs problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Toyota Tundra:

2015 Toyota Tundra Owner Comments

Dec 172014

I have encountered much confusion surrounding the verbiage on the tire rating sticker on my vehicle. I suspect weight of occupants plus cargo is meant to include all weight applied to the vehicle, including hitch weight. Yet both Toyota customer service, and also Ford customer service, have told me that 'cargo' does not include hitch weight. Cargo is understood to be in the truck and not external to the truck. The implication is that curb weight is needed in order to calculate payload when towing because the occupants plus cargo sticker doesn't apply. In my case the curb weight provided to me prior to purchase was incorrect and as a result I now have a vehicle which has a payload rating that is inadequate to tow my trailer. I believe the tire rating sticker is a NHTSA requirement" what does the word cargo on that sticker mean? why do you not require the word 'payload'"

- Colorado Springs, CO, USA