2009 Toyota Venza accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Venza:

2009 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Dec 022015

Seat heater or driver side heats up too hot and too fast. Smells like wires are burning. Brought to dealer they are pushing us to install a new seat for $5200. And charged us $112 for diagnostics. And did not disable the heater. They left it in an unsafe condition. Car was turned on in park also happens while driving. (answered no fire below but you could smell the wire or something burning).

- Blue Bell, PA, USA

Jul 042014

As with certain 2009 Venzas manufactured in the southeastern usa, I have one I was told was manufactured in the gulf states, where the driver's seat heater wiring has also been damaged. Unlike southeast Toyota distributors, llc (set), there has been no other recall by gulf states Toyota distributors (gst), and it's quite concerning. I'm finding several people owning Venza's who are having a similar issue. "the affected vehicles may experience compression of the seat cushion which may damage the seat heater wiring. Consequence: Damage to the seat heater wiring could cause the wires to short, increasing the risk of the seat burning and causing personal injury to the occupant."

- St Rose, LA, USA

Jan 212015

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Venza. The contact stated that the passenger seat produced a burning odor coming from the wiring inside the seat. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The failure mileage was 95,000.

- Fallston, MD, USA

Jan 152015

Venza 6-cyl

• 1,400,000 miles

The heated leather factory installed seats in our 2009 Toyota Venza start to smell like electric wires melting after about 10 minutes after turning them on. I have called my Toyota dealer and Toyota corporation and they said there is no recall on my model and VIN. I have 140,000 miles only car and they are telling me to take it to my dealer to get a diagnosis which I will have to pay for since I am out of the warranty periods there is a recall on after market components with this same issue but mine is factory install. How do I get this placed on a recall list. I am afraid my seats will catch on fire if this is not repaired.

- Egg Harbor City, NJ, USA

Jan 222013

Venza 6-cyl

On 1-22-13 we had the seat heater on the driver's side repaired. We observed that the cab would fill with the smell of electrical wires burning when we engaged the seat heater. It first occurred approximately 1 month prior, but at that time I could not determine what was causing the smell. An online check revealed that NHTSA had announced a recall for seats: Front assembly'seat heater/cooler on November 19th, 2014, ref: 14V743000. I would request that our VIN be included on the recall list, so that we could be compensated for the repair. Thank you.

- Sioux Falls, SD, USA

Dec 262010

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Venza. The contact stated that the driver seat cushion was lacking support and would cause difficulty when attempting to reach and maneuver the pedals. The vehicle was inspected by a dealer and advised the contact that they were unable to repair the vehicle because of the way it was designed. The manufacturer was also contacted and advised the contact to purchase another vehicle. The vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was approximately 18,000.

- Milton, MA, USA