2010 Toyota Venza accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Venza:

2010 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Jan 142016

For my driver's seat in my 2010 Toyota Venza technicians at the dealership found the harness melted at the module which melted the wiring in the seat. They had to remove the module because I was told by staff at Toyota (601 East rochambeau dr., williamsburg, va 23188) - 757.259.1000 that it was a fire hazard if they did not take it out. This appears to mirror a similar recall that Toyota has regarding electrical wiring. I was told that this was not the same issue and not covered under the recall. I spoke with peter from the regional office and he stated that recall was related to an aftermarket part and they therefore would not provide me any assistance on resolving the issue and restoring the functionality of my seat. However, it appears that the equipment is defective and as stated by Toyota staff a fire could have occurred in my car if they would have not removed the element which is very concerning. I'm very concerned that this is a safety issue, and just removing the module does not restore the functionality of my seat; however, even worse, those who may have this vehicle may not catch the issue this time resulting in a fire or other hazardous circumstance.

- Henrico, VA, USA

Jan 302015

Venza 6-cyl

Driver's seat heating element failed due to wire breakage or short-circuit; burning odor detected. Dealer required the heating element be replaced. Cost to replace was charged to me, $631.35.

- Newark, DE, USA

Feb 012011

The head rest on my vehicle pushes my neck forward into an extremely uncomfortable position. This cannot be adjusted. As a 5'4" female, I was having to seek medical treatment for neck and shoulder pain following long trips. I have reversed the head rest so that I can continue to drive my car. I am now concerned about the safety of this in the event of an accident (whiplash), but feel like I have no choice (severe neck pain was interfering with ability to turn my head while driving). I also had this problem on my previous car, a 2007 Audi Q7. I also reversed the head rest on that car. Researching this on-line, this is an extremely common problem (and solution). Car manufacturers should me made aware of this problem and questionable solution so that they can correct this.

- Reston, VA, USA