4.1

2010 Toyota Venza body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Venza:

2010 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Mar 132014

Venza 6-cyl

I was driving my vehicle to work with the sunroof closed and the sun visor open when suddenly I heard a loud bang, like a gunshot, and my sunroof shattered. It scared me and nearly caused me to run off the road; thankfully there were no other cars anywhere near me. I am certain it wasn't hit by a rock or something as there were no cars in front of me and also I wasn't near any overpasses. Upon research, this issue seems to be common with Toyota, so I contacted Toyota motor corporation through their customer service line. After a couple follow up calls, Toyota basically said it was not their problem and nothing they could do. I'm lucky this didn't cut me up or cause me to crash. Hopefully this doesn't keep happening.

- Cottage Grove, MN, USA

Apr 252013

Venza 4-cyl

While entering the interstate I was approaching about 60 mph when all of a sudden I hear a very loud pop! I was startled thinking someone had shot a gun! it caused me to slow down and to almost be rear ended. I looked up to find my sunroof had exploded for no apparent reason.

- Indianapolis, IN, USA

Jun 132012

Venza 4-cyl

I was driving at about 45 mph and windshield just cracked without anything being thrown at or any rock and debris hit. It is a about 4 feet crack. Many glass experts agree that it is a material defect. Talked to Toyota delear and their position is it casued due to rock/debris hit.

- Cincinnati, OH, USA

Jun 272010

Venza

Toyota Venza. The rear hatch is auto open/close. Using the auto closing button on the dash of the vehicle, I initiated the close sequence. The rear hatch started to close normally, then it "slammed shut" with enough force to cause serious injury to anyone under the hatch. Subsequent attempts at opening or closing the hatch resulted in a "stutter" effect which required me to close the hatch manually. I took the car to the dealer. They told me that I should not slam the hatch shut. I have never slammed the hatch, I always use the button on the dash or the key fob to open/ close the hatch. The rod is now bent that holds the hatch open. I am concerned that this will happen again when I am under the hatch. This could result in the loss of a limb if circumstances were correct.

- Hurricane, UT, USA