2011 Toyota Venza brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Venza:

2011 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Sep 282016

While I was trying to turn into the driveway of a relative apartment, the steering wheel got really tight and eventually locked up giving very little to no time to pull over for safety. The engine then shuts down. I cannot imagine how dangerous it would have been if this had happened while driving 65mph plus on a freeway. I've had the steering wheel locked up on me before while the car was parked and engine off, and I was able to get it unlocked by moving the steering wheel back and forth. However, this was the first time and a scary one where the steering locked up while the vehicle was still moving. I was lucky we were at a residential area when this happened. If this had happened on a freeway where other cars are zooming by, how dangerous is it to have a vehicle to all of a sudden locks itself up and shuts down giving practically no time to pull over? I should mention though that the battery light did just come on about two and half to three hours before the incident happen. Even so, I don't think it's normal or safe for such a short warning period.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Dec 212015

My Toyota Venza 2011 electronic in a car is problem all the lighting in the dashboard on and the trunk of the front electronic problem too.

- Garden Grove, CA, USA

Apr 172015

On Friday, April 17, 2015, a clear, sun shiny day, I experienced a sudden, violent deceleration with loud noises while driving at about 40 mph on smooth pavement about three miles from my home. The slip indicator icon light was flashing on my dashboard indicating the vsc/trac had been engaged, cutting down the throttle and engaging the ABS, intermittently, as I limped home. On Monday, April 21, 2015, I had the car towed to Toyota of northwest Arkansas. The diagnosis was open circuit failure of the stop lamp switch. I find this disconcerting as the switch was replaced under recall three years ago. This incident was far more than just a nuisance and an inconvenience. This was a safety issue! if the failure had occurred at 70mph on an interstate, I might not be alive to talk about it. I contacted the Toyota customer experience center at (800)331-4331 [incident 150507-000193] to see if the switch design had been improved or a programming change had been made to change the failure mode, but got no indication anything had been changed. I was told that my case had been filed at their national headquarters under file #1505080785. Apparently my problem was not an isolated incident, because when I expressed surprise that a stop lamp switch failure could be so catastrophic, the service writer at Toyota of northwest Arkansas said that this happens often, that "this was not our first rodeo". I believe Toyota needs to make some changes to avoid people being injured by stop lamp switch failures on the Toyota Venza.

- Bella Vista, AR, USA