4.5

2011 Toyota Venza brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2011 Toyota Venza:

2011 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Apr 172015

Venza

On Friday, April 17, 2015, a clear, sun shiny day, I experienced a sudden, violent deceleration with loud noises while driving at about 40 mph on smooth pavement about three miles from my home. The slip indicator icon light was flashing on my dashboard indicating the vsc/trac had been engaged, cutting down the throttle and engaging the ABS, intermittently, as I limped home. On Monday, April 21, 2015, I had the car towed to Toyota of northwest Arkansas. The diagnosis was open circuit failure of the stop lamp switch. I find this disconcerting as the switch was replaced under recall three years ago. This incident was far more than just a nuisance and an inconvenience. This was a safety issue! if the failure had occurred at 70mph on an interstate, I might not be alive to talk about it. I contacted the Toyota customer experience center at (800)331-4331 [incident 150507-000193] to see if the switch design had been improved or a programming change had been made to change the failure mode, but got no indication anything had been changed. I was told that my case had been filed at their national headquarters under file #1505080785. Apparently my problem was not an isolated incident, because when I expressed surprise that a stop lamp switch failure could be so catastrophic, the service writer at Toyota of northwest Arkansas said that this happens often, that "this was not our first rodeo". I believe Toyota needs to make some changes to avoid people being injured by stop lamp switch failures on the Toyota Venza.

- Bella Vista, AR, USA

Feb 222012

Venza 6-cyl

This may or may not be a safety issue. However, when I make a stop and release the brake pedal a loud noise (thump) occurs. This happens at every stop I make. I have taken the car to two local dealers. One made an inspection the other did not but both responded with the same comment "we don't know". one mechanic told me he thought a recall had been issued on the "brake pedal support assembly". I have been unable to locate the recall if it exist. I would appreciate any information you can supply as this continuous "thump" is most irritating and I am concerned about any unusual occurrence in connection with a braking system.

- Lexington, KY, USA

Feb 222011

Venza 6-cyl

This may or may not be a safety issue. However, when I make a stop and release the brake pedal a loud noise (thump) occurs. This happens at every stop I make. I have taken the car to two local dealers. One made an inspection the other did not and both responded with the same comment "we don't know". one mechanic told me he thought a recall had been issued on the "break pedal support assembly". I have been unable to locate the recall if it exist. I would appreciate any information you can supply as this continuous "thump" is most irritating and I am concerned about any unusual occurrence in connection with a braking system.

- Lexington, KY, USA