2012 Toyota Venza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Toyota Venza:

2012 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Dec 232013

Venza 4-cyl

No incident, just a safety question. I purchased this 2012 Venza a few days ago and was surprised to find that the frontal passenger crash test was 2 stars (out of 5). For 2013 it was 4 stars for the same test. I am trying to determine whether this car (VIN number) was made before or after Toyota made safety modifications that led to the 4 star frontal passenger rating. Toyota customer service was not helpful and suggested contacting NHTSA. This is an important issue for me as I carry my grandchildren in this car and if there is a safety concern it will have to be returned. Thanks for your help. Ps - I sent this note yesterday but included the wrong VIN. The VIN entered above is now correct.

- Portland, OR, USA

Dec 272013

This is not a complaint; just a question. I hope that you can point me in the right direction. I purchased this 2012 Toyota Venza from a dealer who claimed excellent safety ratings. But I see that the 2012 Venza passenger frontal crash rating is only 2 star. I returned to the dealer who told me that my car was made after the safety was improved (it is listed as 4 star for the 2013 model), but could not support his claim that my car was 4 star rather than 2 star. This is important to me as I carry my grandchildren and would not accept a 2 star rating. I called Toyota customer care to find out if this VIN was before or after the safety improvements were made and they could not answer the question, and would not refer me on to someone who could. Can you determine if this car has a 2 star or a 4 star frontal passenger side crash rating (or refer me to someone who could find out)? I would greatly appreciate this help - otherwise I will be forced to sell this car. My thanks in advance.

- Portland, OR, USA