2014 Toyota Venza miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Toyota Venza:

2014 Toyota Venza Owner Comments

Jul 012016

On Friday, July 1st on vacation to hershy pennslyvania the sunroof on my 2014 Toyota Venza exploded. There was no traffic or anything near us. I informed Toyota of hopkinsville about my concern about the safety of the vehicle. Their response was the warranty was expired because of the mileage of the vehicle I called the Toyota coporate office just to get transfered from one customer service rep to another. I am out of rental car expenses plus my insurance deductibe. Both insurance estimator and Toyota technician agreed no object damaged the roof but Toyota refuses to pay for the damages. I just want to travel in a vehicle that is safe and the car manufacture has some integrity.

- Hopkinsville, KY, USA

Oct 312015

Mice are gaining access to the interior cabin of my vehicle. I trapped 2 mice over the last 2 days. The Toyota Venza is parked in the same garage as my previous car, a 2004 Ford escape. The escape was parked there for 11 years and I never had this issue. They are gaining access through the air filtration system. It is easy to see that there are openings not covered by screen or mesh that are large enough for mice to gain access to the interior of the vehicle. My dealership tells me that all cars have this issue and I will be charged for any work on this problem as they consider it to be a "maintenence issue" when it is clearly a design flaw. Why should they change the design? they can make lots of money leaving it as is so consumers have to pay out of pocket to try to fix the problem. Mice are disease carrying vermin. Allowing them to have access to my vehicle makes it, in my opinion, unsafe to drive. I have an appointment with kari Toyota in superior, wi on wed, Nov 4 to address the problem.

- Esko, MN, USA