2007 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2007 Toyota Yaris:

2007 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 3 of 4)

Jun 102014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notifications for NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V169000 (seats) and 14V168000 (air bags). The contact stated that he was concerned since he believed his life was at risk when driving the vehicle. The dealer was contacted who did not offer any immediate assistance. The manufacturer was made aware of the problem.

- Trujillo Alto, PR, USA

Feb 102014

Yaris 4-cyl

The air bag alert bag comes on solid. There has been a national recall on this since April. I have contacted my dealer and they have stated that the company (Toyota) has not decided what parts need to be replaced. Since this is a safety recall (since April) I feel that the safety of myself and my family are in jeopardy. As the natl.hwy traffic safety admin, I feel you should be able to enforce the recall and make Toyota take care of their customers.

- Christiansted, VI, USA

Mar 142014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that while entering a parking space, the vehicle suddenly experienced unintended acceleration and crashed into a brick wall. The he air bags did not deploy. The contact suffered a neck injury during the incident. A police report was not filed. The failure was not diagnosed. The manufacturer was notified and no solution was offered. The failure mileage was 80,000.

- Oakland, CA, USA

Dec 032013

Yaris 4-cyl

I purchased my Yaris new in 2007. It now has 107,000 miles on it and the airbag warning light has come on. Dealer is telling me the spiral cable for airbag is shorted and needs repair - which will be about $500+ to fix, to ensure deployment if needed. Looking online I see other Yaris owners with this issue, and other Toyota vehicles with this same issue, and some recalls. I am very concerned as this is a safety issue and I feel a defect in engineering that should have a recall for Yaris also. Toyota responded with an offer to pay $200 to assist in getting it repaired or a special offer to buy another Toyota new - I took neither option believing this should be a recall for free repair, not cost me $300 plus.

- Gilbert, AZ, USA

Dec 052013

Yaris 4-cyl

Airbag warning light. Diagnostic code 51 suggests spiral cable problem.

- Houston, TX, USA

Dec 162013

Yaris 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated that the air bag warning lamp illuminated. The vehicle was taken to an independent mechanic, who diagnosed that the air bag clock spring needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure. The vehicle was not repaired.. the failure and current mileage was 80,000. Updated 2/11/14

- Fort Lauderdale, FL, USA

Jan 102013

Yaris 4-cyl

The light on the air bag is on and it wont turn off. Toyota advise me that it may be a spiral cable and that my air bag might not deploy in a case of an accident.

- Yuma, AZ, USA

Aug 262013

Yaris

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated while the vehicle was being inspected he was informed that the air bag failed. The vehicle was being repaired. The manufacturer was not contacted about the failure. The failure mileage was 100,017.

- West Chester, OH, USA

Jul 102012

Yaris 4-cyl

The airbag light has been lit since last year on my Yaris. The dealer says it is the clock spring in the steering wheel and is out of warranty so they are not responsible. I see many complaints on the same item. I count over 25 complaints. The 2007 Toyota Tacoma had less complaints for the same problem and there has been a recall on it. What does it take to make my car safe?

- Beaumont, CA, USA

May 152013

Yaris 4-cyl

Seat belt light came "on" while seat belt was fastened. Mechanic told me today that the diagnostic code told him that the clockspring assembly needed to be replaced - and unless I spent $489+ to fix it that neither the airbag nor seat belts would work - so it was mandatory to fix it!! the consumer stated the mechanic discovered broken wires in the clockspring assembly. The consumer stated he suffered a financial loss of almost $500 for the repair.

- Omaha, NE, USA

Jun 042010

Yaris

Air bag light on, Toyota says out of warranty. My car is not an isolated issue, as there are many complaints of the same thing. If the bags won't deploy in an accident, isn't this a safety issue? I think there should be a recall.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Mar 252013

Yaris 4-cyl

Last week the airbag safety light came on in my 2007 Yaris. According to my mechanic it can be one of four safety issues on the vehicle. Based on the code that came up on the inspection. Since the car is not under warranty this repair would be charged to me. This is clearly a safety issue and or faulty parts and should be a safety recall and not be ignored by Toyota. Corporate Toyota will only tell me my car is out of warranty and the airbag is only under warranty for 5 years or 60,000 miles. Airbags and seatbelts and faulty parts should be a lifetime warranty on the car. This issue should be under a recall. I'm told the seatbelts and airbags will most likely not work properly as this safety light is on. My mechanic has no idea of the cost of the repair because it can be one of four things including a clock spring in the steering column. Again this is a safety issue and in no way could be impacted by my driving or how the car is maintained. What needs to happen for Toyota to create a recall on this issue. How many people need to die or be injured" how do we go about getting this looked at and a recall issued"

- San Juan Capistrano, CA, USA

Feb 252013

Yaris 4-cyl

I was driving home from work and I noticed the light came on for my airbag. I checked the manual and it said to bring it in to the service center immediately. I called and made an appointment and I was told the spiral cable was bad. I noticed other people have the same problem so I think this is a part that should be recalled.

- Downey, CA, USA

Jan 222013

Yaris

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact stated while driving various speeds she lost control of the vehicle due to icy roads. The contact crashed into a telephone pole and upon impact the air bags did not deploy. The contact sustained contusions to her chest, neck and also two black eyes. A police report was filed. The vehicle was towed to an independent mechanic who deemed the vehicle destroyed. The manufacturer was contacted and offered no assistance. The failure and current mileage was approximately 98,000.

- Whitefield, NH, USA

Aug 082012

Yaris

Started car, air bag light came on after 30 seconds, (or so) has been on to date. Looking at all the complaints on the web, there should be a safety recall.

- Kenosha, WI, USA

Oct 042012

Yaris 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact state that the vehicle was taken to the dealer to have NHTSA campaign id number: 09V031000 (seat belts: Front: Retractor) performed, however the repairs failed to remedy the failure. The vehicle supplemental restrain system and the air bag light illuminated after the repair. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not made aware of the failure. The approximate failure mileage was 148,200 and the current mileage was 148,424. Updated 11/13/12 updated 11/27/2012

- Littlerock , CA, USA

Oct 052012

Yaris 4-cyl

Air bag light came on while driving 65 mph.

- Palm Bay, FL, USA

May 082012

Yaris 4-cyl

The contact owns a 2007 Toyota Yaris. The contact was driving 25 mph when the air bag light illuminated. The contact took the vehicle to a dealer for a diagnostic test. The test results showed a faulty spiral cable in the air bag, which needed to be replaced. The dealer advised the contact that if the vehicle was involved in a crash the air bag may not deploy. The failure mileage was 110,000.....updated 08-24-12 updated 08/29/12

- Raleigh, NC, USA

Apr 242012

Yaris

I was in a 5 car accident on the freeway. A car had hit another car which had hit my car rear and in turned caused me to hit the car in front of me and they in turn hit another car. My air bags did not go off. I wanted to report this failure to the car manufacturer. I contacted Toyota and their representative said that the air bags would not go off because I had been hit in the rear. He had no answer why the airbags still did not off when I hit the car in front of me. He sent me a pamphlet on how airbags worked. I have not heard from Toyota again.

- Houston, TX, USA

Jul 012012

Yaris 4WD 4-cyl

Airbag light came on manual instructions "go to Toyota dealer immediately. While waiting for evaluation salesman tries to sell new car.

- Punta Gorda, FL, USA