2008 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Yaris:

2008 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Jan 102017

- Summervillle, MA, USA

May 242016

Yaris

Takata recall. Hello, I received the notice May 2016 that my car was recalled and Toyota keeps telling me that it is not yet available. I am wondering when it will be fixed.

- Rockville, MD, USA

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Boonsboro, MD, USA

Dec 212016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number:. 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The VIN was invalid. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Monroeville, PA, USA

May 192016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Hebron, IN, USA

Apr 012016

Yaris

Takata recall...I received this safety recall over six months ago. Once again I am waiting too long for a remedy to become available. This is not fair to vehicle owners. We can't even feel safe in our own cars nowadays. No sooner than one recall is completed, another one pops up. It's not right to ask us to squeeze our passengers into the back seat until Toyota gets off their behinds and help us. Please give Toyota a hugh push!

- Moreno Valley, CA, USA

Dec 082016

Yaris

Takata recall, manufacturer stated they have no replacement available and no idea when one may be available in the near future for at least half a year. Very dangerous risk for me as I drive a lot.

- Deltona, FL, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall-I was notified of the recall back in June of this year and still no action has been taken to repair my auto. Since that time, I have not been able to carry passengers in my front passenger seat severely impacting my use of my vehicle.

- Columbia, TN, USA

Dec 062016

Yaris

Takata recall. My car is in the highest risk zone (zone a). I was notified by mail on 6/9/2016 but a remedy is still not available as of 12/6/2016.

- Hewitt, TX, USA

Jun 012016

Yaris

2008 Toyota Yaris. Consumer writes in regards to replacement parts not available to repair passenger frontal psan airbag inflator.

- Alexandria, VA, USA

Apr 162016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Watsontown, PA, USA

Jun 142016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact wanted to know if NHTSA could force takata or Toyota to make the remedy parts. The contact stated that she lives in zone a and that she has been waiting more than six months for a repair. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 99,440. The details of the failure were not available.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

May 162016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Yaris

Takata recall my car was recalled May 23, 2016. The documentation we received advised to not have anyone use the front passenger seat since it is the front passenger airbag that is currently under recall. It is now October 28, 2016 and there is still no fix or timeline for the fix available even though I am considered in the 1st wave of fixes where is says take immediate action. How am I supposed to take immediate action if after 5 months there is still no fix available" I contacted the dealership yesterday and they have not heard anything on a timeline either. I am unable to use my vehicle to Transport my entire family without the use of the front passenger seat. How long are we expected to have half a car? I must use this car to Transport a toddler. How can I be assured that even with no front passenger that she will be safe in her carseat in the backseat? I have read where even the the airbag is not on, the inflator could still have issues in a collision. Is this information correct" I am worried for the safety of my family but I cannot afford a different vehicle at this time, not like anyone would take it as a trade in even if I could afford it.

- Weatherford, TX, USA

Yaris

We were sent a safety recall on our Yaris on May 23, 2016! NHTSA recall no. 16V-340! still no fix on the passenger air bag. This car is a work car and used on daily bases! it is a dangerous for this air bag to not get fix asp!

- Bennington, IN, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 01/06/17

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Jun 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Yaris

Takata recall - it's been 5 months that I've been unable to have a passenger in my car because they've not identified a solution for this airbag recall. The recall instructions state not to have a passenger in my vehicle. Can they please send some kind of update or fix date for this recall?

- Roanoke, VA, USA