2008 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2008 Toyota Yaris:

2008 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 1 of 4)

Apr 162016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Watsontown, PA, USA

Jun 142016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The contact wanted to know if NHTSA could force takata or Toyota to make the remedy parts. The contact stated that she lives in zone a and that she has been waiting more than six months for a repair. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 99,440. The details of the failure were not available.

- Safety Harbor, FL, USA

May 162016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact was not experiencing a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Bloomingdale, IL, USA

Yaris

The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Columbus, OH, USA

Yaris

Takata recall my car was recalled May 23, 2016. The documentation we received advised to not have anyone use the front passenger seat since it is the front passenger airbag that is currently under recall. It is now October 28, 2016 and there is still no fix or timeline for the fix available even though I am considered in the 1st wave of fixes where is says take immediate action. How am I supposed to take immediate action if after 5 months there is still no fix available" I contacted the dealership yesterday and they have not heard anything on a timeline either. I am unable to use my vehicle to Transport my entire family without the use of the front passenger seat. How long are we expected to have half a car? I must use this car to Transport a toddler. How can I be assured that even with no front passenger that she will be safe in her carseat in the backseat? I have read where even the the airbag is not on, the inflator could still have issues in a collision. Is this information correct" I am worried for the safety of my family but I cannot afford a different vehicle at this time, not like anyone would take it as a trade in even if I could afford it.

- Weatherford, TX, USA

Yaris

We were sent a safety recall on our Yaris on May 23, 2016! NHTSA recall no. 16V-340! still no fix on the passenger air bag. This car is a work car and used on daily bases! it is a dangerous for this air bag to not get fix asp!

- Bennington, IN, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Spartanburg, SC, USA

Jun 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Peoria, AZ, USA

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Williamsburg, VA, USA

Yaris

Takata recall - it's been 5 months that I've been unable to have a passenger in my car because they've not identified a solution for this airbag recall. The recall instructions state not to have a passenger in my vehicle. Can they please send some kind of update or fix date for this recall?

- Roanoke, VA, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall. There is an airbag recall that affects my Yaris. The deployment of the passenger airbag can send hot metal along with the airbag during deployment. Toyota recommends that no one sit in the passenger seat until the airbag is replaced. The recall came out in early June for my Yaris, yet by early October there is no solution to the problem. I also have a corolla that had the same airbag issue, but the faulty airbag was replaced several months ago. I don't know why there is no solution for the Yaris at this time and it is causing me hardship because I can't have a passenger sit in the front right seat. My Toyota dealer said that there is no anticipated replacement date for the airbag, so the issues I have will continue for at least the near future. I am very frustrated with the response by Toyota on this issue and would like to have my Yaris fixed so I can use the front passenger seat.

- West River, MD, USA

Jun 132016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The dealer was unable to determine when the parts would be supplied from the manufacturer and only indicated that this was the interim notice the contact received. The contact was told months ago that she would need to wait to receive the second notice to the determine when the parts would be available, which could be months or potentially a year. The contact was unable to determine when the vehicle would be repaired. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Culver, IN, USA

May 312016

Yaris

I been sent a safety recall on my car. We are in the red zone, I don't have another car. I have not been given information on what to do or who to call on what to do if I have no other way to get around.

- Gregory, TX, USA

Jul 012016

- Kansas City, KY, USA

May 312016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a recall notice for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The parts needed for the recall remedy were still not available and the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Inglewood, CA, USA

Mar 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 14V169000 (air bags) and 16V340000 (air bags). The part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair for longer than six months. The dealer did not give a specific date for when the part would become available. The manufacturer could not provide an estimated date for when the contact's vehicle would receive the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Lexington, MS, USA

Sep 012008

Yaris

This is rediculous to wait this many years for a fix to these dangers. I demand you force Toyota to get a different manufacturer fix for these air bags. I expect a response in 10 business days to email cookten@netzero.net

- Winter Park, FL, USA

Aug 032016

Yaris

Takata inflators. I was notified by Toyota about the recall over a month ago. According to the recall I am in high risk zone because I live in South Florida. I have yet to hear from them about getting a replacement. This is very scary and wrong. My kids are always in the passenger seat when I drive them places and are in mortal danger. When are these recalls going to be remedied" is there a time limit" I shouldn't be expected to put my passengers in danger everytime I drive.

- Hollywood, FL, USA

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 11/17/16

- Independence, OH, USA

Jul 152016

Yaris 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2008 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). However, the part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/18/16 updated 10/31/16.

- Torrance, CA, USA