2009 Toyota Yaris body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Yaris:

2009 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Jun 172010

I'm writing this letter to your office, because of the unfair and deceit practice of auto loan finders, Inc; located at 1800 sandy plains industrial parkway, suite 320, in marietta, Georgia 30066. I pray you can assist me with this matter. In November of 2010, I had purchased a used 2009 Toyota Yaris sedan with 47,398 miles on it. It is a basic model vehicle with manual roll down windows. I was informed by the sales representative at the time, that after a year I can go to a traditional auto dealer and trade the vehicle mentioned above; for a lower interest rate. I waited 2 years and 7 months to trade this vehicle in; keeping my $420 monthly payment on time. I went to a Toyota dealership in metro atlanta on Sunday June 30, 2013 to trade in the Toyota Yaris and was informed by the sales representative that my vehicle had structural damage and they only could give me $2,500 vice the $6,000; if the vehicle wasn't structurally damage. He showed me the carfax on the vehicle mentioned above; had been in an accident in January of 2010 and that same vehicle was sold to me in November of 2010 and the structural damage to it wasn't disclosed to me. No matter what my situation was I wouldn't have bought a structural damage vehicle putting myself, passengers and other motorists in danger. The sales representative went on to say, the only thing they can do with that particular vehicle, is sell it at an auction; because they will not sell an unsafe vehicle to anyone. I have the entirety of this letter upon your request.

- Jackson, MS, USA

Apr 252012

I'm writing about two design flaws that led to an unfortunate incident, and which could have had caused even more serious results. I believe the primary cause for this incident is a poorly designed interior trunk safety latch, and the dashboard display design is a contributing factor. I was driving on the highway, 35 miles into my trip. As I changed lanes, my trunk popped open (it had been latched) and my laptop in its computer case jettisoned out of the trunk and flew across the interstate, causing vehicles behind me to swerve. My mechanic upon inspecting the trunk observed the interior trunk release is designed such that it 1. dangles freely in the trunk so could easily get caught on something that shifted in the trunk, and 2. releases with almost no pull needed. What likely happened is that the strap of the computer bag caught on and pulled the interior trunk release when I changed lanes. Although this resulted in significant financial damage to me and breach of computer security, it could have caused an accident to cars behind me. Had the driver behind me not honked his horn and motioned me to pull over, I would not have been aware of what happened for quite some time. The trunk of the Yaris doesn't open wide enough to catch my eye in the rear view mirror, and I did not see the door ajar light come on: The dashboard display on the Yaris, centered rather than in front of the driver, makes seeing the signals on the dash during daytime driving very hard. Add to that, the door ajar signal, far to the left, is obscured by the rim around the display. In other words, you'd have to lean to the right to notice that a door, or in this case the trunk, just popped open. The placement of the dashboard panel is not great in terms of safety. Thank you for providing an opportunity for me to report these concerns with the Yaris design.

- Florence, MA, USA