2009 Toyota Yaris brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Yaris:

2009 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Sep 172009

Fortunately I have not had an accident. My concern is with the brakes of my 2009 Toyota Yaris. They disengage while braking. This has happened a few times since I purchased my car July 30, 2009. At first I was concerned that the brakes my fail while driving on the highway to work. However it appears that items on the road (snow, leaves) get in the brakes and they stop working for a moment. I will be braking and feel the brakes disengage. (I live in an area with a lot of trees and there may be decaying leaves on the road at an intersection.) when I went into the service center, the service representative shared an incident of a mechanic who found a small pebble in the brakes of a vehicle which was experiencing the brake failure problem. I don't have 8,000 miles on my car yet and this has occurred at least 5 times. I have been driving for over 30 years and brought my first car (a Ford) when I was 20. I have never experienced a brake failure problem like this that seems to be part of the brakes design.

- Baltimore, MD, USA

Jan 152010

My Toyota Yaris has a brake problem in wet or icy conditions. It will stop but not as quick as it should. The brakes makes a sounds like it's trying to work.

- Olney, TX, USA