2.3

2009 Toyota Yaris suspension problems

suspension problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Toyota Yaris:

2009 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Oct 232015

Yaris

The contact owns a 2009 Toyota Yaris. While driving at 30 mph and attempting to engage the brakes, an abnormal sound emitted from the vehicle. The contact noticed that the front suspension lower control arm bolt number two fractured and needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was made aware of the failure.the vehicle was not repaired. The failure mileage was 70,600.

- Epson, NH, USA

May 222015

Yaris

I have recently noticed some strange clunking, popping and squealing noises coming from my car. After having my mechanic look at it I have been informed that the passenger side lower control arm rear bolt was broken and part of it remains but is no longer connected to the control arm. My passenger side front wheel was moving in and out approximately 2inches. In my research I have found no recall notice for this issue and feel it is a large safety issue.

- Murrysville, PA, USA