2010 Toyota Yaris accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Yaris:

2010 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments

Dec 212015

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 15V689000 (visibility) however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The contact had not experienced a failure. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Detroit, MI, USA

May 122014

Was hit from behind by a pickup truck going 40mph while I was stopped at an intersection. I was 5 months pregnant at the time. I was propelled into oncoming traffic where my right side passenger side was hit by a sedan. No airbags deployed. Contacted Toyota who reviewed my accident photos, and they claim the frame was not damaged, so the airbags wouldn't have deployed, but I don't buy it. The back end, glass, bumper, etc, was destroyed and my passenger door was completely caved in. The car was totaled. I don't see any reason the airbags would not have deployed, especially since I was completely stopped and was hit very hard. I suffered major bruising to my arms and legs, neck and back pain, all requiring several days off work.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA