2010 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Yaris:

2010 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Oct 052016

Takata recall.

- Hialeah, FL, USA

May 312016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign numbers: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- West Union, SC, USA

Apr 152016

Yaris

Takata recall we have been waiting over 6 months for a repair on our right side air bag. Because of the danger to a passenger in the right seat we have been unable to use, this vehicle except for driver only use. I feel it is taking way too long for the repair to take place. I don't feel like Toyota or the federal government is doing enough to get this repair completed. I live in a tropical climate and my car is six years old both of these conditions should put me on a priority list. I would like to hear back from you as to what is being done to help me. Thank you for your attention to this matter.

- Sebring, FL, USA

Jul 232016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Centerville, LA, USA

Feb 042016

Yaris

I have not received a call from Toyota about the takata inflators. I was told not to use de passenger seat. Every time I go for a change oil, I asked them when they're going to replace it, and they just answer that they will send a letter to let me know. It's been a while and have not hear from them. It's scary to drive longer distances knowing that. Thanks for your help on this matter.

- Moultrie, GA, USA

Jun 142016

Yaris

Takata recall it's been months. What is the delay? millions are being inconvenienced because someone isn't willing to spend the necessary money to fix this problem. Fines are definitely in order as well as some financial recompense to owners for the delay and inconvenience.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Oct 212016

Yaris

Takata recall", Toyota has not yet provided a remedy for this recall. My car is impacted and could be a danger to drive.

- Compton, CA, USA

Sep 162015

Yaris

Airbag recall is over a year old with no remedy. Also my electric window is subject to recall with no remedy. I want these fixed - it is not safe.

- Venice, FL, USA

Sep 262016

Yaris

It has been months since the announcement that the bags are defective. Living in the tropics, I am concerned that they have done a cost benefit analysis and it is cheaper for us to die!

- Mayaguez, PR, USA

Sep 132016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall, this recall fix is talking too long and causing an inconvenience for my family. Something this serious should not take this long.

- Boiling Springs, SC, USA

Jun 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

May 232016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/04/16

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Aug 112016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Weeki Wachee, FL, USA

Jul 082016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata inflators--front passenger side. We have received a recall notice that advises our 2010 Yaris 4 door vehicle is not to have passengers in the front passenger seat until inflator is replaced. No date for replacement is currently scheduled. This is going on 90 days and is most inconvenient.

- Richmond, CA, USA

Jul 292016

Yaris

Takata recall: Nothing happened to my airbags however I live in South Florida and I am worried because in the recall letter it says that "time in service until significant propellant degradation may occur projected at between 6-9years" and I have owned this vehicle 6 years, plus live in one of the hottest part of the country where this year we had record high temperatures. The recall letter states that "the propellant in these inflators may degrade after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity and fluctuating high temperatures". miami has the most humid and in the highest temperatures in the country.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 152014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). However, the part to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 022014

Yaris

I had accident on driver side front with other car. My front bumper, fender, hood, under hood, body frame every thing in front has been crushed. Insurance declared total my car. But no air bag did not deployed. Seatbelt also was not tight. I was injured due to heat on steering wheel and went to emergency. Still I have pain on my body. I found that Toyota recalled my car last May 2014 but they did not informed me...updated 10/27/14

- Kenner, LA, USA

Aug 052014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats). However, the parts needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mcallen, TX, USA