2010 Toyota Yaris seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Toyota Yaris:

2010 Toyota Yaris Owner Comments (Page 1 of 2)

Feb 042016

Yaris

I have not received a call from Toyota about the takata inflators. I was told not to use de passenger seat. Every time I go for a change oil, I asked them when they're going to replace it, and they just answer that they will send a letter to let me know. It's been a while and have not hear from them. It's scary to drive longer distances knowing that. Thanks for your help on this matter.

- Moultrie, GA, USA

Jun 142016

Yaris

Takata recall it's been months. What is the delay? millions are being inconvenienced because someone isn't willing to spend the necessary money to fix this problem. Fines are definitely in order as well as some financial recompense to owners for the delay and inconvenience.

- El Cajon, CA, USA

Oct 212016

Yaris

Takata recall", Toyota has not yet provided a remedy for this recall. My car is impacted and could be a danger to drive.

- Compton, CA, USA

Sep 162015

Yaris

Airbag recall is over a year old with no remedy. Also my electric window is subject to recall with no remedy. I want these fixed - it is not safe.

- Venice, FL, USA

Sep 262016

Yaris

It has been months since the announcement that the bags are defective. Living in the tropics, I am concerned that they have done a cost benefit analysis and it is cheaper for us to die!

- Mayaguez, PR, USA

Sep 132016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Hilo, HI, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata recall, this recall fix is talking too long and causing an inconvenience for my family. Something this serious should not take this long.

- Boiling Springs, SC, USA

Jun 012016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Jupiter, FL, USA

May 232016

Yaris

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags). The part to do the recall repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 10/04/16

- Lawrenceville, GA, USA

Aug 112016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Weeki Wachee, FL, USA

Jul 082016

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 16V340000 (air bags) and stated that the part needed was unavailable to perform the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. Parts distribution disconnect.

- Los Angeles, CA, USA

Jun 092016

Yaris

Takata inflators--front passenger side. We have received a recall notice that advises our 2010 Yaris 4 door vehicle is not to have passengers in the front passenger seat until inflator is replaced. No date for replacement is currently scheduled. This is going on 90 days and is most inconvenient.

- Richmond, CA, USA

Jul 292016

Yaris

Takata recall: Nothing happened to my airbags however I live in South Florida and I am worried because in the recall letter it says that "time in service until significant propellant degradation may occur projected at between 6-9years" and I have owned this vehicle 6 years, plus live in one of the hottest part of the country where this year we had record high temperatures. The recall letter states that "the propellant in these inflators may degrade after prolonged exposure to high absolute humidity and fluctuating high temperatures". miami has the most humid and in the highest temperatures in the country.

- Miami, FL, USA

Oct 152014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags). However, the part to perform the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- North Las Vegas, NV, USA

Oct 022014

Yaris

I had accident on driver side front with other car. My front bumper, fender, hood, under hood, body frame every thing in front has been crushed. Insurance declared total my car. But no air bag did not deployed. Seatbelt also was not tight. I was injured due to heat on steering wheel and went to emergency. Still I have pain on my body. I found that Toyota recalled my car last May 2014 but they did not informed me...updated 10/27/14

- Kenner, LA, USA

Aug 052014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags) and NHTSA campaign number: 14V169000 (seats). However, the parts needed to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure.

- Mcallen, TX, USA

Sep 082014

Yaris

The contact owns a 2010 Toyota Yaris. The contact received a recall notification for NHTSA campaign number: 14V168000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The manufacturer was notified. In addition, the maintenance required warning indicator illuminated. The vehicle was not diagnosed or repaired. The failure mileage was 13,000.

- Oakland, CA, USA

May 122014

Yaris

Was hit from behind by a pickup truck going 40mph while I was stopped at an intersection. I was 5 months pregnant at the time. I was propelled into oncoming traffic where my right side passenger side was hit by a sedan. No airbags deployed. Contacted Toyota who reviewed my accident photos, and they claim the frame was not damaged, so the airbags wouldn't have deployed, but I don't buy it. The back end, glass, bumper, etc, was destroyed and my passenger door was completely caved in. The car was totaled. I don't see any reason the airbags would not have deployed, especially since I was completely stopped and was hit very hard. I suffered major bruising to my arms and legs, neck and back pain, all requiring several days off work.

- Ypsilanti, MI, USA

Jul 292014

Yaris 4-cyl

In reynosa, Mexico I had a major crash, all the front was destroyed and the airbag didn't open. I had my safety belt but because of the big impact I got hit on my chest and knees with the board and the car wheel, a sprain in my neck and had to use a collar for several days. The car dealer says it is not his responsibility and Toyota Mexico is not taking care of this.....updated 10/28/14

- Reynosa, TX, USA

Aug 012014

Yaris 4-cyl

2010 Toyota Yaris. Consumer writes in regards to vehicle seats and airbag recall issues. The dealer informed the consumer, the part for the air bag, was not available.

- Castle Rock, WA, USA