8.0

2000 Volkswagen Beetle engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2000 Volkswagen Beetle:

2000 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Feb 012006

Beetle

The car starting bucking, then shaking, then the check engine light started blinking and I smelled a sulfur smell. The check engine light went solid for about 30 seconds then started blinking again. I wouldn't be so upset if this wasn't the 5th time that this has happened in a month. The first time he 'fixed' it, it was supposed to be the end of my problems.

The irony involved is that I was planning to get rid of the car this week to buy a new car, but now, I have to pay more money to get the damn thing fixed because I can't have the car towed for a trade-in

- , Oceanside, NY, USA