2001 Volkswagen Beetle accessories - exterior problems

accessories - exterior problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Beetle:

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Apr 052008

I have a 2001 VW new Beetle. I have replaced brake light, which was drains the battery, serpentine belt, remoteless key which is still broken- basically 6 days after buying this car- I spent $1200 on repairs- now the check engine light is on, the transmission is acting funny, and basically- my VW dealership has a field day with me. To top it off- my battery died a month ago- and caught on fire when I tried to jump it. I am afraid that this car will blow up on me at any time. Please help me!

- Delray Ebach, FL, USA

Apr 102006

Beetle 4-cyl

Lock on gas lid was loose. I didn't think too much about it until I ran the car through a car wash. The air from the dryer popped the lid open and it went flying through the air. Lid is fiber glass and it didn't take much to break it. I saw another bug last week with the gas lid gone too!

- Versaillles, KY, USA