9.0

1. have them put in a new computer (1 reports)
2001 Volkswagen Beetle electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Beetle:

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

May 082008

Beetle

Went and got it checked right when it happened. Estimated cost was 800$ and up...

- , Wichita, KS, USA

Jun 202007

Beetle 1.8L TURBO

Two days after I bought this car from the dealership, I went back to give them my trade in. As I started my new car to leave, the engine puttered and then shut the car off entirely. After that, I couldn't turn it back on at all. They had to take the car back, even though thay had ASSURED me it had been checked through and through and they didn't even give me a laoner car. I was without a car for 2 weeks but when it was returned it ran smoothly. In the end, they dont even know why the computer died but they of course were more than happy to replace it.

- , Kent, WA, USA