2001 Volkswagen Beetle electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2001 Volkswagen Beetle:

2001 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Sep 012004

I have a 2001 volkswagon beetle and was very frustrated when my check engine light came on and the car started shaking. I took it in to the dealer where I was charged $100!!!! and they told me that they did not know what the problem was! I was so upset! the next day the light came on agian and I was furious! I took the car in again and was told it was the ignition coil and they wanted to charge me $100 agian. I copmplained and got the 2nd fee waved. I'm not an expert but it is very rare for an ignition coil to fail"?"

- Naperville, IL, USA

Sep 242001

Epc and check engine lights come on///car loses power......extremely dangerous as most of my drive to work is on freeway...happened 7/4 and 7/5..taken into metro VW 7/5....told ot problems found....happened again 7/9 returned to metro VW/checked/nothing wrong....happened again 7/12/13...eturned to metro VW....throttle replaced....happened again 7/12 7/13 again to metro VW throttle body replaced......happened again 7/30 throttle body replaced.....again 9/10 9/11...control mod. Replaced again 9/12...thought I was goin to die this time....when lost power 18 wheeler was turnin my way.....again to metro VW.....worked on wiring overlay....waitin to see what happens next!!!

- Arlington, TX, USA