2003 Volkswagen Beetle body / paint problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Beetle:

2003 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jun 062009

The door hinges on my drivers' side 2003 Volkswagen convertible Beetle has broken for the second time. Volks of America and VW oconnor in augusta Maine are very unhelpful. This has been an on going problem since I have had the vehicle four years and turns out before I owned the vehicle. I went to get into my car on sat 6/6/09 and my door hinge snapped and the door is about to fall off. Now my alarm system will not go on. Someone need to fix my car.

- Melrose, MA, USA

Jan 202003

Beetle 4-cyl

After about 500 miles driven the car developed numerous rattles and buzzing of the interior pieces. The workmanship involved in the manufacture of this vehicle leaves a lot to be desired.

- Carrollton, TX, USA