8.0

2003 Volkswagen Beetle electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Beetle:

2003 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Oct 212005

Beetle 2D

Like many others we had had high hopes and dreams for our New 2003 Beetle, we though wrong. Like many others I am finding more and more complaints about these vehicles and this car just follows the trend. AS for the Classic Volkswagen Dealership, they have blessed us with �One of the Worst� Customer service experience that we have ever encountered from a car dealership. The vehicle is now sitting at the dealership awaiting a new wiring harnesses for the turn signals and headlights (since the �patch� work electrical jobs did not correct the problem the first 3 times). We are very calm and understanding people and gone in every time with a semi-positive attitude and asked them to just fix the problem. After biting my lip the 4th time I went to the service manager (Pierre Andre) and explained the issue to him. Pierre�s immediate reaction was to �PAWN� the issue to a service adviser (Brian Alexander who gives excellent presentations on partially burned out bulbs). After becoming a �thorn� to Pierre he made an un-grateful attempt to diagnose the problems with the car, I had to �FORCE� him to take accountability for the issue. To keep a long story short I have heard every excuse from this deal ship including but not limited to: partially burned out bulbs, corroded sockets, loose wiring harnesses, defective wiring harnesses, sun damage, user damage, road damage. We also made several attempts to contact the dealership head manager/president Ken Emerson who �never� attempted to contact us by any means. In several attempts to escalate the issue to a higher authority I was given the VW corporate 1-800-BLOWOFF number, which provided us several useless options. At this point we are biting the bullet and planning an attempt of the Florida Lemon Law; if we do not succeed we will sell it to some person who wants a project vehicle. I will post this experience on all consumer evaluation sites for all to see so they do not make the same mistake we did. VW�s are terrible vehicles and are backed by terrible warranties and customers service. My advice to all is to stay away from Classic Volkswagen and do yourself a favor and buy a Toyota � I promise it is a decision you won�t regret.

- , Orlando, FL, USA