6.0

$1,468.00

1. "actuator module" needed to be replaced (1 reports)
  2. replace computer chip (1 reports)
2003 Volkswagen Beetle seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2003 Volkswagen Beetle:

2003 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Feb 172016

Beetle 1.8t

on the 2003-2005 there was a recall on an airbag sensor in 2006 and that was located near the front of the vehicle.My problem is told to be inside the car near the front of the center console.I think $1000 is outrageous just to get the light off and enable the "SRS".Getting it fixed...

- , Phoenix, AZ, USA

Jul 032014

Beetle 3.5L

I reached out to the dealer on various occasions and was left with no help. I feel with the low mileage (despite the manufacturer year of 2006) this should be covered. There is no excuse for something to fail at 40,000 miles and the attitude of Volkswagen regarding this problem has affected my opinion of the car company. This was purchased used for my children as a backup vehicle. I recently was in the market for a new top of the line SUV and chose another Toyota rather than subject myself to dealing with a company that does not respond to complaints and certainly does not repair the item. With the warning light on constantly, there is no reassurance that the airbags will deploy if needed.

- , Stamfor, CT, USA