2004 Volkswagen Beetle accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Beetle:

2004 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

May 102011

Beetle 4-cyl

I recently purchased a VW Beetle in may of 2010, for my birthday from hollywood auto brokers in los angeles, ca. The car ran smooth for about a course of five to six months, I had to return to the dealership early on because my head lights were out when I first bought the car. As I continued to drive the car, a jerking and extremely weird deceleration of the car would begin, but it would "pop back to normal" after a while, maybe three to ten seconds. This had gone on and has been going on since five months after I brought it. I finally made it back into the dealership and he rode with me on a test drive around the corner and of course it didn't repeat the previous show of defects. He assured me the car is just being broken in. A year goes by and I decided I want to trade in my car for another car, so I head to Nissan. I test drive a car and love it and then go in for the paper work. The guy runs my VIN to see my car value and come backs and tell me my car title is salvaged. To my disbelief and disgust, I immediately called my financial company, al financial of glendale, ca that I am leasing the car from. They give me the run around and assure me that the title is clean and not a salvage. I continue on my investigation and come to a carfax website to get the real facts on my defected vehicle. The information reveals that not only is the title salvage but it had bodily damage and had been totaled out from the insurance company from it's previous owner. The car had been brought back from Mexico and registered in the states again as a new car I believe. I would really love to get to the bottom of this situation asap and get some closure on a recurring problem that is messing with my income as I am a travel nurse for hospice patients. Recently the water pump has gone out and I'm not sure yet if I need to replace the head gaskets. I hope I can hear an response in a good enough amount of time so I can work out an reimbursement of some kind with payment on either behalf.

- Long Beach, CA, USA

May 052011

Nothing led up to the failure. The windows in my new Beetle convertible no longer function. I have had two of these fixed already, and now one of the back windows is broken. I noticed that this has been a problem for many other new Beetle convertible owners as well. I am hoping that there is a recall to this issue as it effects so many other owners.

- Texico, IL, USA

Jul 112009

Beetle 4-cyl

The rear window regulators went out on both windows, convertible top won't work 90% of the time. Replaced headlight 4 times in 2 years.

- Trinity, AL, USA

Dec 152005

Beetle 4-cyl

Major electrical, mechanical malfunction (see 10148507, 10148481) 5th electrical/mechanical safety issues/4th airbag light/malfunctioned. Vehicle 2nd X towed in 10 days for same issues for freeway breakdown electrical/mechanical malfuction.

- Carlsbad, CA, USA