2004 Volkswagen Beetle lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2004 Volkswagen Beetle:

2004 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jul 182006

Beetle 4-cyl

: the contact stated the vehicle was taken in for an inspection sticker when the inspector determined that both tail lights bulbs were burned out. A recall was observed in a magazine for the 2002 Volkswagen new Beetle pertaining to tail lights failure (reference #60253822) and the manufacturer called. The manufacturer determined that the vehicle was not included in the recall due to the VIN.

- Houston, TX, USA

May 302004

Purchased my third Volkswagen New beetle - recognize that my second one, a 2003 was a lemon  5 right rear tail lights replaced and 2 headlights. Also had to have the intermittent wiper relay replaced - see ODI #10074539. Dealer traded me for a 2004, on 4/6/04 and not even 2 weeks into my purchase, the driverS side window would not operate properly. Thought I was imagining things, especially after my last experience. I put the window down (electronically) and then put it up and it comes down by itself  certainly another safety fault of this car. It happened 2 more times before I called the dealer  they told me oh, we knew about that  bring it in and get it fixed. oh, here we go again! I buy a new car about every 3-4 years, as I drive a lot and want a very dependable car, with no repairs needed. I will never feel safe in a VW New beetle again. No matter if I never have another problem&& incidient date noted is when the dealer took my car to fix it...............

- Lake Stevens, WA, USA