4.7

2005 Volkswagen Beetle lights problems

lights problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2005 Volkswagen Beetle:

2005 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Oct 152008

Beetle

I own a 2005 VW Beetle and have had the car since new. The headlights on the car are coming apart at the seams. VW says this is normal. I don't think it is normal at all. Seems like faulty parts to me. Headlights should not be coming apart at the seams.

- Byhalia, MS, USA

Apr 152005

Beetle

Purchased 2005 VW Beetle with 7,300 miles assured full warranty....guaranteed paint on front bumper would be corrected...did it twice still peeling off....electric windows repaired twice....began making noises when weather was damp...took it to be checked out and was assured it would not always happen but normal...told them transmission seemed to be slipping....one headlight had a short, and then recall on brakelight...they did repair that...but informed me that was all they had time to do that do due to recall...gas cap cover was sticking as well...didn't fix it either....then my air bag light came on...took it in for recall on that...after it was supposedly fixed airbag light did not go off, insisted it had nothing to do with sensor that was recalled...noise in front end began and floorboard flooded during heavy rain....with no obvious entry point....did search for problems with VW Beetles and there are thousands having the very same problems I have been experiencing....now heat gauge light comes off and on, alarm randomly sounds.....but noise in front end concerns me greatly...would not even diagnose car without $98 bucks an hour labor charge to find problems.... this car only has 34,952 miles on it and it is falling apart...no way can all these problems be fixed and me make payments....but thousands are having these very same problems...why has our government not insisted on a recall.....

- Des Arc, AR, USA