2.6

2009 Volkswagen Beetle fuel system problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen Beetle:

2009 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Aug 132016

Beetle

After a business trip into austin my vehicle started jerking when I would brake or accelerate. At first I thought it was nothing just my car acting different because the the immediate change in speed going from 85 to about 40 to exit off the interstate. On the way to houston there was no trouble until the next day. The following evening being my first time driving it all day, I was pulling out of my neighborhood and when trying to stop at a stop sign my vehicle jerked 4 or 5 times then stopped when the wheel locked up and the battery and engine light came on as I was at a stop sign. I turned off my car then turned it back on and the wheel was unlocked and the battery light was off, but the engine light was still on. I proceeded to drive it because I wanted to see if it would do it again and it didn't, but I still refuse to drive it until I know what's wrong.

- Baytown, TX, USA

Apr 072014

Beetle 5-cyl

Vehicle has gas fume odor accumulating while inside garage and inside vehicle for over one year. Took to dealer on February 2015 who did a 27 point inspection of the vehicle but still has gas odor.

- Plantation, FL, USA