2.8

2010 Volkswagen Beetle accessories - interior problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Beetle:

2010 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jul 142014

Beetle 5-cyl

Two issues: The driver's seat was unable to latch down. At the dealer, they stated that a pin had broken. They replaced the entire seat base. At our request, they provided us with the broken seat base. Upon my inspection, I noticed that a C clip had come off of a pin. As a result, the seat locking mechanism slid off the pin. Therefore, the seat would not lock into place. I inspected the passenger seat. A clip had fallen off of this seat and was lying on the carpet in the rear passenger seat section. When I showed this broken part to the dealer, he indicated that this part was not available and they did not recommend that I take any additional action as this time. The passenger seat still latches down. The clip that fell off is different than the C clip that fell off on the driver's side.

- Sacramento, CA, USA