4.2

2010 Volkswagen Beetle brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen Beetle:

2010 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Feb 192015

Beetle 5-cyl

At 7am on a 5 degree above zero morning, my VW pulled out of my parking space fine, I drove one block, fine, at the second block's stop sign, my brakes did not respond. For the remainder of my commute to and from work I had to drive very slowly, brake very hard for the car to come to a stop. The mechanic diagnosed the problem as an issue with the power brake booster. Research indicates that although never part of a recall, that this situation has occurred before, and has potential to be dangerous. For example, my knee is very sore from pressing on the brakes, and if I had been going at a higher speed when I first discovered the issue - I would have inherently slid into the car(s) ahead of me, possibly creating a bad situation. The mechanic also told me the parts are on back order due to an unexpected demand. This is a situation that should be addressed by VW of America, for safety issues on a relatively new vehicle (less than 55,000 miles / 4.3 yrs old).

- Pittsburgh, PA, USA

May 012012

Beetle

Volkswagen of orange park is not following safety standards. They replace carpet after flood. Damage by slicing the carpet under the dash and not removing the dashboard as they are paid. This could result in the carpet becoming lodged under control pedals as its compromised.

- Jacksonville, FL, USA