2013 Volkswagen Beetle drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2013 Volkswagen Beetle:

2013 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Sep 132016

Beetle

Takata recall on 8/13/16 while driving this vehicle without warning, the engine shuts off. I was traveling about 45 mph on a city street and as I attempt to move over the engine shut off and I could not steer the vehicle. After coming to a complete stop I was able to restart the vehicle. The vehicle did this several more times before I was to send it back to the car lot. I was told that the crank shaft was repaired on the vehicle. On 9/13/2016 (1month later) while traveling South on a busy city street at approximately 45 mph, in front of an 18 wheeler this car shut of and immediately restarted on its very own. I moved over to a slower lane to prevent any accidents. I proceeded to my destination and without any warning the vehicle engine shut off again, only this time I had to manually restart the vehicle. I parked the car at an area restaurant for at least 2 hours. I went out to start the car and there was no power at all. I called tripe aaa, they checked the battery and the car still would not start. Finally a tow truck was dispatched and arrived about 15 mins after the battery check and all lights were own. In about 10 mins I attempted to start the vehicle and it started without any hesitation. I have not driven the vehicle since because I absolutely fear for my safety.

- Spring, TX, USA

Jan 232016

Beetle

The contact owns a 2013 Volkswagen Beetle. The contact stated that when the vehicle was shifted from the park position to drive, it took approximately seven seconds for the transmission to become engaged. The vehicle was taken to the dealer to be diagnosed. The contact was informed that the vehicle was functioning normally. The vehicle was not repaired. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The failure mileage was unknown.

- Sharpsville, PA, USA