2014 Volkswagen Beetle clutch problems

clutch problem

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2014 Volkswagen Beetle:

2014 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Apr 032014

Problem with clutch release. Pulling away from a stop, the clutch sometimes disengages without any sign of shutter. All of a sudden you find yourself in traffic and the engine is off and the steering wheel is locked. This occurs several times a week and creates a panic response especially when you are pulling away from a light or merging into traffic. Cars from behind have to hit their brakes when you pull out into a lane of traffic and the car stalls. My wife and I have driven six different vehicles over the past 30 years all which had manual transmissions. Four of these vehicles were VW"S. we know what it feels like when you accidently ?pop the clutch?. there is usually a shutter and you feel the vehicle comes to an abrupt stop. In the case on my 2014 VW Beetle, you sometime never feel anything through the clutch pedal and all of a sudden you see the alternator light and you realize the engine is ?dead". I took the car into the VW dealer and the shop supervisor drove the car with me as a passenger. As it would be, the car never stalled ever after making may stops and pulling up hills, etc. The dealership was very nice and did try to make the car behave as I have described above. Unfortunately it did not. I'm writing this to go on record as having what I feel is a potential safety related problem with my VW.

- San Antonio, TX, USA