2015 Volkswagen Beetle miscellaneous problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2015 Volkswagen Beetle:

2015 Volkswagen Beetle Owner Comments

Jun 292015

Well since I got my car, the new backup camera doesn't have the option to make it brighter, which is a hazard when you try to use it and you can't see anything, because the camera doesn't contrast with the outside brightness the other models with navigation have the option to adjust it I asked and call the Volkswagen of America and file a complaint after weeks I got a response nothing is been updated so is nothing w can do with your complaint if we update system, you will know almost a yard hav past

- Orlando, FL, USA

Sep 152015

The rear view camera is almost completely dark when reversing, making is almost useless in seeing and avoiding anything behind you. VW dealer refuses to replace, saying that's how it is supposed to be. A bad safety flaw.

- Aliso Viejo, CA, USA

Dec 282015

Safety recall 23R1 was received yet VW and local dealership will not make repairs stating that their needs to be an investigation and/or I need to wait until I have issues. The notice states that it can "lead to a crash without warning". however, they insist that I continue to drive my car they have determined to be unsafe. The dealer says they have no knowledge of the recall and VW refuses to send parts to my local shop to have it fixed stating again that I need to wait until I have an issue. We have spent hours on the phone trying to get this resolved and VW continues to brush us off and telling us they will resolve it tomorrow. I drive 200-500 miles a day for work around the state and do not feel safe driving my car that could unknowingly crash at any moment. If this was not a safety concern, VW would not have issued a safety recall. Per their documents sent to National Highway Traffic Safety Administration: The camshaft lobe that can break off drives the brake vacuum pump, and if the problem occurs drivers would lose power assistance and suffer reduced engine performance.

- Perry, GA, USA

Aug 072015

Purchased a 2015 VW bettle for my daughter. One requirement we had was a backup camera. Test drove car in a storm and took it home same day. Thought camera was dark due to the weather. We were wrong. Picture quality is very poor. Screen is dark. Brightness can not be adjusted. This is a major safety issue. Why have a camera on a vehicle that is so poor? spoke to dealership who mentioned brightness can not be adjusted and to someone on VW chat who mentioned same thing. Definitely a rip off and safety issue. VW should replace these cameras with ones that work. Other complaints on this site about same issue.

- Crystal River, FL, USA

Jun 102015

The backup camera on my 2015 Beetle is useless most of the time. The image is very dark. I complained to the dealer and they said there is nothing they can do. Please let me know if you have a solution to this safety problem,

- Barnegat, NJ, USA

May 212015

The car was purchased new. The backup camera on the vehicle is very dark and not safely usable. Even on sunny days the image is very dark and objects cannot be seen well enough to make backing up safe. The car was returned to the dealer on the same day of purchase for repair. Was informed that a slight adjustment was made but nothing else could be done and that my VW camera was compared to other Beetles in their lot and they were all the same with low image. The adjustment made no difference in the camera image. It is still dark and not safe to use. I have registered my complaint with the local dealer and with VW, Inc. I consider this to be a serious safety issue.

- Fayetteville, PA, USA

Mar 302015

The backup camera on the vehicle is so dark to be almost unusable. It is supposed to be a safety device, but you cannot identify what is in your path. It has been back to the dealer for this and they cannot find a fault or a way to adjust the image. They contacted Volkswagen tech support who offered no solution and do not seem to be interested. I have asked to contact Volkswagen directly, but they have no way for the consumer to do that. This car has the "premium 8" radio and no navigation. It appears to be an odd combination as I have not been able to locate one for comparison within a 50 mile radius. Again, this is a safety issue that should be addressed before someone backs over a child or something else.

- Bethlehem, PA, USA