2009 Volkswagen CC electrical problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen CC:

2009 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Nov 192015

Yesterday I took my vehicle to the VW dealership to be serviced because the epc and engine lights were on. I had to have 3 ignition coils and 4 spark plugs replaced on my vehicle at the VW dealership and the computer software updated. Today the engine light came back on. The epc light came on but went off after I turned the car off and restarted it. The car had trouble starting and lost power as I was driving on a city street. The car shuddered a bit as I was driving on a city street.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Nov 182015

The epc and engine lights keep coming on even after I have the vehicle serviced. In one instance, as I was driving on the highway to the VW dealership, the car began to slow down and would not accelerate. Traffic was sparse, so I was able to safely get to the shoulder of the highway. At the VW dealership, I had 3 of the coils and 4 spark plugs replaced. On the same day that I had them replaced the epc and the engine lights came back on, there was a message on the information console stating that the engine should be serviced, and the car powered off. The car was stationary in my driveway at the time.

- Dublin, GA, USA

Jun 102011

Issue happened after incident in August 2011 and progressively became worse. Steering wheel will lose electrical power to controls (I.e. stereo controls) and causes airbag warning light to come on and horn will not function at all. Dealer looked into issue and found that the clockspring needed replacement. Clockspring replaced in steering wheel and airbag issue has been resolved but steering wheel control issue still remains along with not having a working horn. VW usa had no known fix for this issue as al wiring is in working order. Dealership requested vehicle be brought back in for a further look.

- Howell, NJ, USA