2009 Volkswagen CC engine problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2009 Volkswagen CC:

2009 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Oct 312014

CC

The contact owns a 2009 Volkswagen Cc sport. The contact stated while driving at approximately 50 mph, the accelerator pedal failed to respond causing the vehicle to decelerate and stop. The vehicle was taken to the dealer. The technician diagnosed that the throttle position kit needed to be replaced. The manufacturer was notified of the failure. The VIN was not available. The failure mileage was 83,000.

- Lancaster, PA, USA

Aug 052013

CC 4-cyl

Sticking throttle..throttle sticks at any RPM above 2300. I am glad that this is a standard shift automobile where I can engage the clutch to stop the car. If this were an automatic shift car, there would have been an accident. Throttle continues to stick even without any floor mats in close proximity of the throttle peddle. Placing toe behind throttle peddle to lower RPM has no effect whatsoever..

- Elizabeth City, NC, USA

Aug 132011

CC

8/13/11 car stalled twice while driving- once on major highway. Car towed from residence to service. 8/15/11 service called and advised my car was hooked up to diagnostics and found the fuel injection pump was low and gas tank so it was probably bad gas but the car had nothing wrong. I was also advise that the car was taken for a test drive, 10 miles and nothing happened. Service offered to keep car 8/16/11 and drive it another 20-30 miles. I agreed. 8/17/11 I spoke with service manager, upon arrival. Svc advised that the car was driven again for 20 or so miles and again no issues were found. She again stated it was "just probably bad gas". I asked if there was a possibility of it stalling again at which time advised it may happen again however since they thought it was bad gas to just run the current tank (3/4 full) down to empty. On 8/18/11, I was driving home on the gsp North in NJ during rush hour traffic (8 lane highway). Traveling in the 4th left lane, slowed the vehicle due to traffic. As I slowed down my car stalled. I was able to restart and move about 5 feet when the car stalled again. At this point I was unable to start the car again. I pressed and kept my foot on the brake while keeping the hazards on. I did this to notify drivers behind me that I was stuck. Traffic started to move again at a slow pace and drivers were going around me. Within a minute or so, traffic on both sides of my car were gaining momentum and moving at least speed limit pace (65mph). As I watched the rear view mirror I saw a white SUV approaching quickly. I realized I was going to be hit and braced for impact. It was not full impact as last minute driver turned the wheel. I was told driver was traveling 55-60mps. This accident was 1 day after I received my car back and told "nothing wrong". I also noticed through paperwork my car was never re-ran as discussed. My in/out odometer was 12 miles...

- Bayonne, NJ, USA