5.2

2010 Volkswagen CC seat belts / air bags problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2010 Volkswagen CC:

2010 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments (Page 1 of 3)

Dec 222016

CC

According to the VW dealer I have to wait to be called but NHTSA web page states that for vehicles in zone a (hot and humid) from May 2011 and older the replacement should have been scheduled in May 16, 2016. It is December 2016 and I am still waiting. Please advise.

- Miami, FL, USA

Dec 152016

CC

Clock spring recall recently my airbag light went on and when I make a turn with a steering wheel rotation of over 270* my horn will go off, I also only have intermittent use of the steering wheel controls to my instrumentation. There is a recall on the year and make of my car for the clock spring, however my VIN is not included. The signs point to a defective clock spring to which I lost the functionality of my airbag and the electronic functionality of my steering wheel. I called VW service department and they said my vehicle is not covered under the recall so there is no need to bring it in. I really don't feel safe operating this vehicle considering there has been an open recall involving the takata recall for well over a year. (VW told me that they will contact me when parts are available to fix). This happened when I made a left turn into a parking spot, the airbag light when on and it said "service airbag"

- Middleburg, FL, USA

Dec 182016

CC

Takata recall has yet to be addressed on my vehicle. When will Volkswagen be able to make the replacement? I am concerned that it has been more than nine months without a solution.

- Miami, FL, USA

Apr 012016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received a notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Plano, TX, USA

Apr 082016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- San Jose, CA, USA

Feb 012016

CC

Takata inflators: I was notified of this recall almost one year ago, yet my dealer still does not have the parts. Watching a report yesterday I learned that the vehicles most vulnerable are those 6 years old and kept in a hot humid climate. My car meets both of these criteria. I am uncomfortable driving this vehicle.

- Chattanooga, TN, USA

Sep 012015

CC

Takata recall. Has been over a year since recall and no action taken by company to rectify problem. Vehicle is in Texas, is over 6 years old, and is primary vehicle for a 55 year old working woman. Texas is a high risk state.

- Abilene, TX, USA

Dec 092016

- Ramsey, NJ, USA

Nov 252016

CC

Takata recall. My car's VIN shows that my driver's side airbag is included in this recall. VW is not even listed in the priority groups, yet my car is now 7 years old and I'm in zone a (where the propellant is said to degrade to an unsafe level in 6-9 years). I know many people (non-VW drivers) who've had passenger-side bags replaced. I respectfully request driver's-side airbags are prioritized over passenger-side; passengers can ride in the back seat or not at all, but a car is completely useless if it's unsafe for the driver/ cannot be driven. Or please require VW to provide loaners; they are not doing so at this time. I spoke with them again today. If not, what am I to do? I live in la, where a car is necessary.

- Culver City, CA, USA

Feb 262016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Clarksville, TN, USA

Apr 122016

CC 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the parts to do the repair were unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available....updated 12/28/16 updated 01/03/17.

- Jackson, WI, USA

Sep 012016

CC

Takata recall. Steering wheel still clicking. And engine light on for emission issue, which goes on only when turning and eventually goes back off.

- Philadelphia, PA, USA

Feb 062016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was not available. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Mercer Island, WA, USA

Jan 132014

CC

I bought the car on the 1-13-14, I had to take it back I told them I was having airbag, water leak in car, brake scrub, they told me everything was ok. I told them it is not they did not fix anything. I had to pay for everything out of my pocket. I need the top inside done now they told me it will be about $2000 & up.I pay $400 a month for a car I am not please with.

- Quincy, FL, USA

Oct 212016

CC 4-cyl

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags). The part to do the repair was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not made aware of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available. Updated 12/01/16

- Marco Island, FL, USA

Apr 012016

CC

Takata recall NHTSA 16V078 69M9 safety recall takata frontal airbag received in April 2016. No further action taken. When does "reasonable time" expire?

- Snellville, GA, USA

Mar 312016

CC

"takata recall " I called today 10/5/16 ( letter of recall issued back in 03/2016) the VW manufacturer again and explained to them what the issue is. They told me they don't know what to tell me because the VW cars are not on the top high risk list for part replacement and VW don't have an estimated date of part replacement, maybe never" what does that mean, that owners who are badly injured or dead because of this recall are priority and the rest of us who are concerned can wait???!!! does that mean that nobody including the VW and the NHTSA don't care about getting this part asap for all vehicle owners who's cars are recalled. I asked if I can try to replace the recalled part somewhere else and have VW just refund me the money, they said no, so that doesn't make any sense to me either. Can the government expedite this recall part in any way" I am sure many other VW vehicle owners want an answer to this too.

- Chicago, IL, USA

Nov 022015

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags) and stated that the part was not available within a reasonable time frame to schedule the recall repair. The manufacturer was contacted and could not provide an estimated date for when the contacts vehicle would receive the recall repair. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Tampa, FL, USA

Sep 242016

CC

Have been notified of recall for over 6 months with no resolution and no further contact from Volkswagen group.

- West Hills, CA, USA

Sep 192016

CC

Takata recall. The contact owns a 2010 Volkswagen Cc. The contact received notification of NHTSA campaign number: 16V078000 (air bags); however, the part needed to repair the vehicle was unavailable. The contact stated that the manufacturer exceeded a reasonable amount of time for the recall repair. The manufacturer was not notified of the issue. The contact had not experienced a failure. VIN tool confirms parts not available.

- Marina Del Rey, CA, USA