2012 Volkswagen CC brakes problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen CC:

2012 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Mar 022016

CC

Wednesday on my home I'm driving going about 35mph gearing down as I am coming up to a tole booth when I notice that brakes literally have shut off. I'm pressing the petal repeatedly as hard and as fast as I can to get them to work but they ended failing and I ran into someone and went through the tole booth and rolled stopped 80 yards after the crash because the brakes still did not work after the crash.with airbag not deploying. It was a very traumatic experience, I no longer feel comfortable in a vehicle I was so happy with moments before this happened.

- Orlando, FL, USA

Dec 152015

CC

I started my car (37000 miles) on a parking lot, and the yellow warning lights for ABS, stability control, power steering, passenger air bag and parking break lighted up at once. Took the car to the mechanic and the diagnostic was the ABS module went bad. I found online that is a very common problem and a service bulletin was issued, but so far no recalls. It's a very expensive problem to repair $2000 to $3000, and I'm really concern that my passenger air bag is not operable.

- Davie, FL, USA

Mar 072014

CC 4-cyl

One month after I purchased my certified, pre-owned VW Cc the brakes failed without warning. They worked one moment and then totally failed without any warning signal of any kind. I managed to avoid the vehicle in front of me which was stopped at a red light, and I was fortunate not to cause an accident as I had to run through the red light. Fortunately there were no accidents, and no injuries. Burlington VW of New Jersey initially indicated they would perform a full diagnostic on the failed part (vacuum pump) and associated equipment to provide me reassurance that there would be no increased potential for the failure to happen again. They also represented they would offer me something to "make the situation right". neither has occurred. The issue has been elevated to the VW CEO whose office has done nothing but to tell me they will not fulfill the dealership's representations. In addition to refusing to look into the problem or providing a written letter offering me an assurance of safety, they will not consider my request for a reverse sale. Instead they wrote me a letter congratulating me on my purchase, and due to the brake failure, they will support their balance of the warranty. Since when do I need a letter from the corporate office indicating they will honor a term of the original sale? one would think that since their own head of mechanics indicated he has not seen this issue before, that corporate would desire to investigate the cause of this very premature problem without my prompting. In fact, they have used the fact that there was not an accident against me, as this would have initiated a different course of action. Since there was no accident, they are not willing to pursue the issue any further. There are so many quality vehicles on the market. I would suggest you choose one other than a VW.

- Hainesport, NJ, USA