2012 Volkswagen CC drivetrain problems

Get notified about new defects, investigations, recalls & lawsuits for the 2012 Volkswagen CC:

2012 Volkswagen CC Owner Comments

Jan 082015

Dead battery at 37,200. Had car towed to local service shop and battery replaced. Drove home fine and next morning commuting to work, car started shaking and bucking violently. Check engine and epc light came on. Was able to drive very slowly at very high RPM (on interstate and then side roads) to get back to auto shop that replaced battery. They found ignition coils shut down and mis-firing. Transferred car to VW motor hunt valley to see if covered under power train warranty. One coil found dead, other 3 recommended for replacement. Not covered under powertrain warranty. Thanks for your help.

- Timonium, MD, USA

Apr 062012

CC 4-cyl

Since I first purchased my VW Cc 2012, I have noticed when coming to a complete stop, the car still moves foward alittle bit. Also upon making a 3 point turn around upon putting the shaft in reverse the car still moves forward. The other complaint is upon going through a fast food drive thru, and setting the autohold the cars engine made a loud rev (revolution) noise. I actually thought my car would smash into the car in front of me. I took my car in today for the 10,000 mile free maintenance, they checked out my concerns and sadly said there was nothing wrong with the car.

- Wilmington, CA, USA